Is Peru near LA?.........?

How far would it take to drive? Also if I was to fly to Peru would I have to go via LAX? PleAse help

Favorite Answer

Peru is in South America, on the Pacific and very far from Los Angeles. You cannot drive all the way to Peru because the Panamericana Highway is not complete between Panama and Colombia. There is a large jungle region called the Darien Gap on the border between these two countries and no road through it. To bring a vehicle to Peru you could drive most of the way from the US through Mexico and Central America to Panama, then ship the vehicle from Colon, Panama to either Colombia or Ecuador. It would be very expensive, dangerous, and time consuming to do this.

If you wish to fly to Peru from California, there are flights from LAX or California to Lima, Peru on LAN airlines. There is a larger selection of flights and airlines from Miami and these flights are usually less expensive.

Source(s): I live in Peru (for now).

Nah its in south America. It depends on were you live. I ussually go via MIA. From Miami to Peru are like 5 flight hours. From LA its more distance, more distance means more flight hours, I dunno the exact amount of time but its a lot

Source(s): I travel each year from Peru to U.S

Its in South America on the west coast, you cannot drive. Fly to Lima which is the capital on whichever airlines go there.

Look at a map!

No, it is not