My nose piercing is infected (swollen, red, crusty and HOT)! What should I do?

I got nose cartilege pierced 10 months ago. After two months I changed out the original stud for a gold/diamond one. No problems. So last night I changed out to the original stud, didn't like how it looked and put the gold one back in. Don't know why but it took better part of 2 hours to put gold stud... show more I got nose cartilege pierced 10 months ago. After two months I changed out the original stud for a gold/diamond one. No problems.

So last night I changed out to the original stud, didn't like how it looked and put the gold one back in. Don't know why but it took better part of 2 hours to put gold stud back in.

Now that side of my nose is red, throbbing, puffed and hot to the touch. The stud is sinking into the hole--and it sure is crusty around the hole! What worries me most is that the sinuses in the bridge of my nose throbs. I don't ever get sinus infections and now sneezing, sitting up and wearing glasses is torture.

I'm not touching the stud and am cleaning it every 4 hours with salt water. Anyone had this problem? Would hydrogen peroxide help? Will this go away eventually with TLC or should I remove the stud and let the hole grow?

I like the piercing and don't have any metal allergies. Any insight you have into old piercings getting infected would be greatly appreciated!