Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

i suck at putting eyeliner on..!!! HELP?!?

Im reallly not the best at putting eyeliner on..

&& im kinda youngg.. sooo any advice?

or videos.. ? :))

Favorite Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you including eyeliner!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)

Well I dont wear makeup yet but I am AMAZING at putting it on. Im assuming you have a pencil, and I am telling to how to do it on the WATERLINE on the bottom lid. NEVER use liquid eyeliner on the waterline. First off, you need to keep your hands really steady. If you are shaking, then dont even do it at all, because you could poke your eye (experience) With your free hand, put your hand on your cheek and gently pull down, exposing the waterline. Take your time and pretend you are just writing on a peice of paper, really, thats all it is. Go over it to get the desired darkness and NEVER cover up your tear ducts (the little holes in your water line closest to your nose) And you should be dandy :D Good luck~!

Source(s): P.s. Its really weird, but to help me concentrate I open my mouth. Keeps me steady.

if you are young then it is not the best to be putting eye liner on. The best way to do it is to make sure that the pencil or liquid is close to your eyelashes do it gently and lean on a surface i hope this kind of helps

YOUTUBE! definitely, HOW young? if you're 12 and under, you shouldn't really be wearing it at all, or ask your mum or someone you know to put it on for you.

youtube makeup videos

this video is really helpful.. but it's long so you might want to skip a few minutes if you want!! good luck :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_bJQdOd1hc

Youtube thumbnail