Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

How do i wear powder makeup without it looking cakey or orange?

So i wear MAC powder makeup..i love it! it cover up a lot! but sometimes people tell me it looks cakey or kind of orange..what can i do to prevent that? but still cover up a lot on my face?

Best Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you including powder!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)

awesome question. i am about to make u look finer than ever...its all about having somthing under that powder, whether it be a primer or a lotion u need something for the powder to set into. and to tell u a secret u wanna know wut i do? Proactiv has a lotion u can buy called "repairing lotion" i put some on under my powder because not only does it add moisture and kinda turn it into a foundation but it tightens ur skin for a short period of time so when u apply the powder it goes on smooth.....overall my best advice is......wash face, add base (primer or lotion) then apply powder. goodluck

btw i use mac too, the combo of mac and that proactiv lotion shud work miracles...

• lapan

i think of 14 is a great age to start donning makeup. i all started whilst i became 11 yet I in uncomplicated terms wore beginning up because of the fact I had terrible zits. donning it made me experience greater useful approximately myself. So in the experience that your mom won't permit you place on beginning up in simple terms tell her it covers your imperfections (in case you have any) and it makes you experience greater effective. or you ought to in uncomplicated terms positioned on concealer if there are not a great variety of imperfections on your face. For the attention shadow, i think of a remarkable easy eye shadow shade would be lovable. in step with hazard a tan or peach shade so that isn't any longer too a lot. It think of a few shimmer would look remarkable as long as you do no longer over do it. So no i do no longer think of 14 is in simple terms too youthful for makeup! there have been females in my middle college who wore a lot glitter makeup and darkish eye shadow whilst they have been 12 and it in simple terms regarded incorrect. Soooo the organic look is a mode to bypass!

• Mani

when you get powder make-up it should blend in with your skin. which is why it's important to test it and get you make-up at a counter like clinique. it wouldn't be orange unless you blend it in with you skin, which i'm guessing isn't orange

Source(s): i wear lots of foundationy skin make-up

Omg people have told me the same thing!!

I rub it a little with water, and it seems to work for me(;