Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Why is Willem Dafoe so underrated?

Dude's a legend in my book. He has a fantastic catalog of films, including popular movies, indie movies, and classics alike.

To Live and Die in L.A.

Platoon

Born on the Fourth of July

The Last Temptation of Christ

Mississippi Burning

Wild at Heart

The Boondock Saints

Inside Man

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Spider-Man

The Aviator

American Psycho

Shadow of the Vampire

Antichrist

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Finding Nemo

Paris, je t'aime

My Son, My Son, What have Ye Done?

Among others.

What do you think?

• Donny
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, he's definitely a legend. Never gets any recognition. Who knows why, he needs some major roles in the next few years.

He should have won an Oscar for The Last Temptation, he was so much better than Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man........

he's basically a highly underrated actor that stars in highly underrated movies.

Yeah man he is definitely underrated. Like Donny said he needs more major film roles. I loved him in American Psycho and Wild at Heart, he was brilliant! I still need to see The Last Temptation of Christ!

Not for me, he is one of my favourites actors, but you know, If he gets a good role as the main character for a film with an awsome plot, I'm sure he'll be at least nominated for an Oscar, and surely he'll win it. But we'll have to wait until that.

Edit:wtf is talking about the one up there? btw gays are totally tolerated at least in Spain, Germany, Frace and Portugal, and I guess in UK too. I don't know where this person took that idea.(Italy may still have many problems).

To be completely honest i am not a fan of william dafoe but i have to agree that he is a good actor. i havent seen of all his movies but out of the ones i've seen i liked his roles in platoon , spiderman , antichrist etc. He is very talented but he doesnt really get enough big roles in movies.

I think he's fantastic. Its just, some of his characters are really weird. That could be off putting to some. He also looks very strange too. But I suppose it works for him.

Hit or miss with me. I like him I don't love him if that makes sense. He's a good actor for small character roles.

the european community does not accept gay or bi men or women and it shows here in the australian community