What is the best podcast for world news?

I've listened to PRI, NPR, BBC, Etc., pretty much every major world news podcast available on iTunes. I've yet to find one that keeps my informed and interested for long. I want a podcast that focuses JUST on major world news stories.

PRI held my subscription for the longest, but I got sick of having to hear 20min pieces on African cello fusion artists, and Hindu rappers. I understand that they want to shove world culture down my throat, but that's not what I subscribe for. I want to know when big things happen around the world that concern me here in the U.S..

Can any of you suggest a good world news podcast that focuses just on news? If the podcast involves commentary and opinion, that's fine, as long as the opinion isn't hard edged political bias in either direction.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

BBC and NPR? It's probably too late for you to deprogram yourself.

-10/21/06 Daily Mail: BBC CEO M. Grade caught (unknowingly) on tape saying: BBC favors multiculturalism and muslims; Christians suck; America has no moral weight; Leftists run BBC; BBC Diversity Tsar wants a veiled female reporter; demeans rural people.

-11/21/08 Zogby poll: The web is the most trusted news medium (over TV and print combined), and Fox News is the most trusted TV news source with approval rating of 39%; CNN=16%; MSNBC=15%. Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Stephen Colbert and Chris Matthews were the least trusted, all with scoring under 2%. More people in this poll identified themselves as Democrats than Republicans. A majority think the media is biased.

-2008 Pew poll: Fox viewers least politically skewed: Republicans 39%, Democrats 33%; CNN had R 18%, D 51%

--5/05 University of Connecticut’s Department of Public Policy survey of journalists, nationwide: 52% supported Kerry, versus 19% for Bush.

-In 1995, Kenneth Walsh, a reporter for U.S. News & World Report, polled 28 of his fellow White House correspondents from the four TV networks, the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Copley, Cox, Hearst, Knight-Ridder, plus Newsweek, Time and U.S. News & World Report, about their presidential voting patterns for his 1996 book Feeding the Beast: The White House versus the Press. Walsh found that his colleagues strongly preferred Democrats, with the White House press corps admitting a total of 50 votes for Democratic candidates compared to just seven for Republicans.

Polls of Americans about how they saw Big Media during the ’08 election:

-Rasmussen: 69% pro-Obama, 6% pro-McCain

-Pew Research: 67% pro-Obama, 11% pro-McCain; also, from 1992-2004 the media is pro-Democraps over Republicans

-Sacred Heart University: 68% pro Obama, 9% pro McCain

-Fox News/Opinion Dynamics: 67% pro-Obama, 11% pro-McCain

8/27/10 The Examiner: “Obama, Democrats got 88% of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters”: Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008. Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880. By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863. The average Republican contribution was $744.