Why is it mostly women who "slut-bash"?

Most slut-bashing or slut-shaming that I've seen or personally experienced seems to come mostly from other women. Why is that? I've never met a man who has had any issue with my sexuality, my expressing it, or any kind of perceived promiscuity on my part. But throw a woman into the mix and suddenly a... show more Most slut-bashing or slut-shaming that I've seen or personally experienced seems to come mostly from other women. Why is that? I've never met a man who has had any issue with my sexuality, my expressing it, or any kind of perceived promiscuity on my part. But throw a woman into the mix and suddenly a sexy woman becomes a slut. As soon as a woman labels another woman a slut, men seem to change sides very quickly. They get self righteous and in my opinion are doing it mostly to win points with the other women.

So if slut-bashing is so bad and so negative to women, why does it seem to be primarily an activity that women engage in?