I am 54 years old and had three bad relationships in the last 20 years. I would like to try again.?

I have been by myself for the last two years and would like to find someone to date. I have had bad self-esteem problems but I know I am a good person. What is the best way for me to find someone who I can find a decent relationship with? I am very afraid of being hurt again, but I am tired of being by myself. This is a problem that doesn't make sense to me because I never used to feel this way. I have one friend that i watch movies with after church but nothing else. Why do i feel so stuck?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The thing is that if you go looking for relationships " afraid of being hurt " you've already jinxed yourself.

If you just go out looking for fun and companionship and don't give a shyt , that's when you will find the right person.

Source(s): anticipation and expectations screw things up, just " wing it " and see what happens.
  • 10 years ago

Hello,i have just went through the same thing!!!! i joined a dating site for christians but found no one there so then i joined plenty of fish and found a great man!!!!! he was nothing like i was looking for! I have never been intrested in biker guys at all but this one is sooo sweet!! So he said hello to me and i said hello back for sum reason!!! lol its kinda funny now,but anyway then i gave him my phone number and we talked on the phone for 4 hours!!!!By the way i am 56 years old and i havent talked that much since high school lol Anyway we have been together everyday since and are moving in together now only after one month!!! I know its sounds crazy but at this age i do what i want too and you can too!! Check out sum free dating sites and if you dont want to chat you dont have too! thats what i like about them! Anyway i say go for it and best of luck to you!!!!!

Source(s): my life
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I am not sure if yahoo answers will help you. You need to talk to a counsellor to explore why you feel stuck and other current emotions.

It is good that you haven't given up on dating. Have you tried internet dating?

• 10 years ago

Oh jnthe club. Best you d smetin now I haebn o that boa eight years

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.