I am 54 years old and had three bad relationships in the last 20 years. I would like to try again.?

I have been by myself for the last two years and would like to find someone to date. I have had bad self-esteem problems but I know I am a good person. What is the best way for me to find someone who I can find a decent relationship with? I am very afraid of being hurt again, but I am tired of being by myself. This is a problem that doesn't make sense to me because I never used to feel this way. I have one friend that i watch movies with after church but nothing else. Why do i feel so stuck?

Favorite Answer

The thing is that if you go looking for relationships " afraid of being hurt " you've already jinxed yourself.

If you just go out looking for fun and companionship and don't give a shyt , that's when you will find the right person.

Source(s): anticipation and expectations screw things up, just " wing it " and see what happens.

Hello,i have just went through the same thing!!!! i joined a dating site for christians but found no one there so then i joined plenty of fish and found a great man!!!!! he was nothing like i was looking for! I have never been intrested in biker guys at all but this one is sooo sweet!! So he said hello to me and i said hello back for sum reason!!! lol its kinda funny now,but anyway then i gave him my phone number and we talked on the phone for 4 hours!!!!By the way i am 56 years old and i havent talked that much since high school lol Anyway we have been together everyday since and are moving in together now only after one month!!! I know its sounds crazy but at this age i do what i want too and you can too!! Check out sum free dating sites and if you dont want to chat you dont have too! thats what i like about them! Anyway i say go for it and best of luck to you!!!!!

Source(s): my life

I am not sure if yahoo answers will help you. You need to talk to a counsellor to explore why you feel stuck and other current emotions.

It is good that you haven't given up on dating. Have you tried internet dating?

Oh jnthe club. Best you d smetin now I haebn o that boa eight years