promotion image of download ymail app

If I want to become an environmental engineer, what should I major in at my community college?

If I want to become an environmental engineer, what should I major in at my community college that will go towards my Masters Degree in environmental engineering once i transfer to a Cal State?

3 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    there is no way you can get into environmental engineering towards a masters degree on just a community college degree. You need to get a bachelors of science (B.S.) degree in a topic closely related with the knowledge associated with environmental engineering which deals primarily on the topic of water. You will need to be able to articulate on the subject of water chemistry, physics, and biology, wastewater, and water treatment--that is the bulk of environmental engineering.

    Source(s): I have a bachelor of science in environmental engineering (i really do...ask me anything!)
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    You will transfer to a Cal State to earn a bachelor's degree as no one can enroll in a master's program without having earned a bachelor's degree.

    Take the university transfer associate degree program and include as many math and science classes as possible in addition to completing the general education classes.

    You should discuss your academic program with a transfer counselor at the community college as soon as possible. Find out if you can enter a program which guarantees university admission if you take the specified classes and maintain a designated GPA.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • brina
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    touch some universities with articulation agreements including your CC. they are going to supply a catalogue of classes. If there's no articulation settlement, you may actually crossmatch your CCs classes with Chemical Engineering degree standards. I propose you do no longer in basic terms do the "prevalent ed" instructions in CC and attempt to cram the Chemistry/technology/Engineering classes into the final 2 years of faculty. that is too confusing. Chemical Engineering is genuinely certainly one of this classes the place that is greater useful to circulate immediately into college for all 4 years.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.