Fiance never wants to do anything?

My fiance works nights and sleeps during the day. He works while I stay at home with the baby because we only have one car at the moment. I dont complain about having to do the cooking or the cleaning. NEVER. What I do complain about his him not wanting to help out with his son. My son is 14 months old and just... show more My fiance works nights and sleeps during the day. He works while I stay at home with the baby because we only have one car at the moment. I dont complain about having to do the cooking or the cleaning. NEVER. What I do complain about his him not wanting to help out with his son. My son is 14 months old and just started walking so he gets into everything and i mean everything. (I'm coming to my point soon lol) If I ask my fiance to watch him while I cook or do something in the kitchen or even change a diaper he starts whining. And if he is watching him he will yell at me across the house and say something like "hey hes got something in his mouth!" or "he stinks!" even when hes right within his reach he wont move his butt from the spot its implanted to on the couch. He plays with out son maybe 20 minutes out of the whole day. And that is on his days off. I dont expect him to do much because right now he is the only one working but is it too much to ask to help with his son? Even when he didnt have a job and I did it was the same way. And thats not even the part that makes me sad. He never wants to do anything as a family. If I try to get him to come with me and take the baby to the park or go downtown his response is usually that he will miss something on TV. He does more with the PS3 than he does with us. How can I get him to want to do something with us? His job and him being tired have nothing to do with it. Thats not his complaint. I just dont know what to do. When I confront him about not wanting to do anything he always says I never ask when I do every time he has a few days off. I am not a big tv person. I cant sit for hours on end and watch the same things over and over again like he can. I have no friends because all of mine live 3 hours away ( I grew up in a differant area of the state). Its hard to make a chance to meet new people when you dont go anywhere. I like going to the park and taking my son for walks but he just dosent. I am worried that he is going to get so bad he will end up like his father. His dad is a 560 lb truck driver. When he is home he does nothing but call on his wife for everything. he cant even make himself a glass of water! I lived with his parents for a year so I definately know how they are and he is getting more and more like them every day. Sometimes I think it is putting a strain on our relationship because we just dont do the things we used to. I know we have a child but there are things we could be doing with him as well. I think the main problem is that when I was growing up my parents did all kinds of things with me. We went camping, the the park every other weekend, things like that. His parents never did any of that with them. Their mom is addicted to pills and has been since they were little. She even lost her nursing license because of it. Their dad was on the road all the time. I want him to be more active in our lives instead of just him coming home,watching tv, sleeping, getting up, eating, watching tv, going to work. What should I do? I am starting to have depression issues because I am along so much of the time. Any advice would be helpful. It just seems like talking goes nowhere with him.
6 answers 6