Can we afford this house?

I used an internet calculator (that includes mortgage rates, taxes, monthly income, etc.), and it says that I can afford a home worth over $1,200,000. My monthly income is $26,000 - because I am a cardiologist - and my wife's is about $25,000, as she's an anesthesiologist. So together our monthly income is... show more I used an internet calculator (that includes mortgage rates, taxes, monthly income, etc.), and it says that I can afford a home worth over $1,200,000. My monthly income is $26,000 - because I am a cardiologist - and my wife's is about $25,000, as she's an anesthesiologist. So together our monthly income is a little over $50,000 a month. My question is simple: is that enough money per month to afford a million dollar home? Our agent says it is, but I don't want to rush the situation. What do you guys think?
Update: @Global IMRC: How is this a 'game?' It's Saturday afternoon and I don't work until Monday. I'm trying to figure out costs and such because I want to purchase the land before the end of February so that way we can start building in March or April.