Is it too early to file an auto insurance claim?

Purchased car insurance and had accident the same day. This is tricky because it did not involve any other cars and I didn't have to call the police. Heres what happened: I was trying to make a u-turn on a one-way street. I hit some black ice car spinned around and hit the barrier that blocks the street off.... show more Purchased car insurance and had accident the same day. This is tricky because it did not involve any other cars and I didn't have to call the police. Heres what happened: I was trying to make a u-turn on a one-way street. I hit some black ice car spinned around and hit the barrier that blocks the street off. Now the car won't start.

I'm not trying to commit fraud but on the other hand I don't want to seem suspicious. Should I wait a week then file a claim or wait 30 days? Either way I know my rate will sky rocket. If I file the claim within 24 hous of purchasing insurance I think they will deny it immediatley:(
Update: When I say its a one way street I mean its a culdesac (closed at one end) so you MUST go to the end of the block and turn around. Like I mentioned I really want to file this claim today but I don't want it to be denied because it happened 5 hours after I got the new car. Yes it does have bad body damage now.