Girls - what would you think if a guy asked you out on a first date on Valentine's Day?

Well, this girl and I have been talking for a while (since a couple months ago, like October), and we've both expressed that we like talking to each other and like each other (in so many words). We stopped talking for a little while because she stopped responding to me, but it turns out that she had texting turned off. Now we're talking again (she felt bad because she thought I was ignoring her), and I'm thinking about asking her out for Valentine's Day. It wouldn't be a huge date or anything, cause I don't want her to think I'm really serious, but I think it would be a cute thing to do.

How would you feel if this happened to you? Would you say yes? Would you think the guy was too serious or something?

@Jillian: Yeah, I suppose so, but I'd rather have this one chance than not even try :D

@April: Oh, I'm serious about wanting to be in a relationship with her as I really like her and think about her all the time, but I don't want her to think I'm thinking too far ahead (as it would only be our first date).

So it's a good idea to some, but not to others! I'm just glad to hear even some of you like this idea.

@Jay: Whoa, really?? Wow, that's pretty cool; it's nice to hear that his worked so well. Yeah that's basically what I was thinking: some small things to give her.

My main problem now is what to do about the restaurant! Not too fancy, but definitely fancy to start with.. hmm...

@Jane Doe: Really? You think I should do the whole charade? I'm unsure about that, because it would be our first date, and I don't want to be too blown-over..

• Jay
    Favorite Answer

It's a good idea! Go for it :) It's a good excuse to go out for a date, and catch up again. My boyfriend and my first date was on Valentine's day last year, so we've nearly been together a year now and I thought it was sweet he asked me. As for your other questions, I obviously said yes, and I just took it as any other date - I didn't think he was too serious or anything. Maybe don't do the whole roses and chocolates and everything on the first date though - might come on a bit strong. If you want to bring her anything, maybe just something small like a couple of chocolates (not a huge box) or something.

Good luck! :)

I would think it was REALLY romantic. I would say yes and most likely reward the guy with an end-of-date kiss. Make sure you present her with chocolates too. If your going for it on valentines day you gotta do the whole charade. This is just my opiniion but still, go for it!

i think any girl would say yes on valentines day, and that's no necessarily a good thing. i mean if u no she likes u back go for it, but if ur unsure than it would be in a big surprise if she rejected u after the date.

"It wouldn't be a huge date or anything, cause I don't want her to think I'm really serious"

I dont get it? So you are not really serious about her?

i think its a good idea, maybe dinner and a movie or something(:

CHEESY