Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Does Your Terrier Tremble For No Reason?

Terriers, well, have a JRT and he's always trembled. I looked it up and lo and behold its some sort of established movement disorder or something, kind of like humans have Essential Tremor.

So I'm trying to figure out, does your Terrier tremble (for no reason, and not because of emotion, other neurological or medical disorder, etc)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

There is nothing wrong. That is just how some dogs are. My rat terrier hates thunder storms. She does not stop shaking till the storm lets up.

Source(s): vet, animal whisper
  • 4 years ago

Terrier Trembles

• 1 decade ago

My American Pit Bull Terrier does tremble on occasion for seemingly no reason. It's not a Terrier thing, it's just a random "dog" thing.

• When I had my terrier, yes she did. I could tell when she didn't feel good because that was the only time she trembled. Even my Poms do that.

Source(s): de
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've seen that in JR's and other small terriers. I've always thought of it as sort of a "startle" response to a loud noise, or a nervous response to strangers--like a hyper shyness. Same response if they get really cold.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

in case your canines is two years previous and has no longer had a warmth that couldn't strong you ought to extremely have your infant regarded at by potential of a vet once you could like if she remains shaking properly i imagine 10 hours is lengthy sufficient something ought to extremely be incorrect such as her...i am going to wish for her intervening time you get her regarded at

• 1 decade ago

This is normal. Seems like most dogs do this. My pom does occasionally.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.