Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Does Your Terrier Tremble For No Reason?

Terriers, well, have a JRT and he's always trembled. I looked it up and lo and behold its some sort of established movement disorder or something, kind of like humans have Essential Tremor.

So I'm trying to figure out, does your Terrier tremble (for no reason, and not because of emotion, other neurological or medical disorder, etc)

• Favorite Answer

There is nothing wrong. That is just how some dogs are. My rat terrier hates thunder storms. She does not stop shaking till the storm lets up.

Source(s): vet, animal whisper

Terrier Trembles

My American Pit Bull Terrier does tremble on occasion for seemingly no reason. It's not a Terrier thing, it's just a random "dog" thing.

• When I had my terrier, yes she did. I could tell when she didn't feel good because that was the only time she trembled. Even my Poms do that.

Source(s): de

I've seen that in JR's and other small terriers. I've always thought of it as sort of a "startle" response to a loud noise, or a nervous response to strangers--like a hyper shyness. Same response if they get really cold.

• ?

in case your canines is two years previous and has no longer had a warmth that couldn't strong you ought to extremely have your infant regarded at by potential of a vet once you could like if she remains shaking properly i imagine 10 hours is lengthy sufficient something ought to extremely be incorrect such as her...i am going to wish for her intervening time you get her regarded at

This is normal. Seems like most dogs do this. My pom does occasionally.