Eric asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

How tall do you think I will be?

13 years of age, 4'10 and size 7 shoes. Dad 5'8, mom 5'7, half brother 6'4, twin brother 4'9. Grandparents were around 5'3 to 5'5. Great grandpa, from what I know, was 7'3. No kidding, he was 7'3. Either that or 7'2, my mom told me. His wife was right below his chest, and he was part Cherokee. I'm in my growth spurt, in the beginning of the 6th grade I was 4'6 or something. I'm beginning my 2nd semester of the 7th grade. I believe my great grandpa's genes are recessive, but have skipped another generation, and I think I am in the generation now. My half-brother's father wasn't tall I think he was at least 5'5. I'll answer further questions. I don't get another physical until I go to high school, so I might have to wait 1 1/2 grades.

• SIX6UN
    Favorite Answer

Eric

Yes, you are a bit short. So then go! See a doctor and read on. First. You have learned in biology that when your body reaches puberty the long bones become fixed in length. Fixed. Second. Your height is controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland called: the Human Growth Hormone (HGH). Third. Science has synthesized HGH making it readily available through doctors who prescribe it to hundreds of rich baseball players like St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Rick Ankiel, and thousands of rich film stars like Sylvester Stallone*, oh, oh, and, and occasionally even short children.

For a complete understanding of HGH the folks at Yahoo! have created a great resource called "Yahoo associated content" to go to this fabulously rich information site go to:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/82873/gro...

So are you short? Look up your stature dash age stuff here. Interactive Chart does the math! You can just type in your age, weight, height and it does the rest.

http://www.magicfoundation.org/Growth_chart/main_g...

Another "how am I doing chart?"

http://pediatrics.about.com/library/growth_charts/...

There are at least Two problems.

One. Narrow window of time . . . This hormone, HGH, can easily bring a short person to full height, if, if, if they get it in time. Time. This stuff will not work if, if your bones are mature.

Second. HGH is so much in demand by rich sports/movies people that . . . many family MDs may be wary of Federal scrutiny. So a Doctor may be reluctant to prescribe therapeutic HGH to the honestly-short boys who really need it. Just wait they often say; everyone will say. The Ignorant among us will chant 'DNA' as if DNA is fate. But realize, lots of the people who are saying, "DNA, DNA, just wait" are really laughing, and it ain't funny.

Your challenge is to get to a Pediatrician, Endocrinologist, or Urologist for a simple blood panel. Then you will really know your situation and options. But, you must do this before your time for help has passed. Also, mentally toughen-up by demanding people around you stop laughing, demanding your folks and friends support you – then get your blood test and study the stature-age chart. Do not listen to silly anecdotes that all go like this: my mother's second cousin was only five-feet tall at his graduation and now he's over six-feet tall! Yeah, right, in what fantasy-world do they live? My last thoughts Remember: Time, HGH (not DNA) toughen up, oh, and Time. Good Luck.

Check out this quote is from a great site – Magic Foundation:

Quote: "What surprises most people is the fact that [HGH deficiency] affects much more than just a child's height. Concerns for families of children diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency include serious problems relating to; heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and much more! The entire body is affected if a child is growth hormone deficient! Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to identify children with growth hormone deficiency as early as possible to avoid the permanent internal delays and damage in addition to the potential loss of permanent inches."

Eric, good luck

References

*St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Rick Ankiel received a 12-month supply of human growth hormone in 2004, the New York Daily News reported Friday, September 7th, 2007.

*Famed "Rocky" star Sly Stallone . . . was caught smuggling 48 vials of human growth hormone into Australia [without a prescription] . . . he pled guilty and . . . [brags about his use of HGH.]

• conkin

Well, you are approximately part-a-foot taller than typical, that's beautiful tall. I'm no longer definite what you imply through "too tall"? Women love tall guys, and in a lady's eyes, the taller the greater, so you are in no way too tall to get the females. However, being too tall can reason well being disorders, however I believe that so long as you are no longer over 7'zero, you will have to be first-rate. If you joined the NBA, you would not be at any place virtually being the tallest participant.