Why do people care so much about other people's lifestyle?

I mean it doesn't affect them. Like why do people care about people's sexual orientation, opinions, if he/she is a virgin, music tastes, beliefs, background, views on life, feelings, etc? I am straight but I just wanted to put sexual orientation out there. It's like since I have different views on... show more I mean it doesn't affect them. Like why do people care about people's sexual orientation, opinions, if he/she is a virgin, music tastes, beliefs, background, views on life, feelings, etc? I am straight but I just wanted to put sexual orientation out there.

It's like since I have different views on life, I am completely wrong...everything I say is wrong and I'm tired of this..

Explain? Do people realize the only purpose in life is to live for years and then die? That is the only thing we all do have in common. We have a choice to make something out of our lives. Then again, I am probably "wrong". Maybe I just hate society and people annoy me. Maybe I am selfish and should live in a cave far away from this place. I try so hard to hide my anger so I just go with the flow even when I am really annoyed with most of the people around me, I just go with the jokes and laughter. I try to be like the "other guys", but I am easily annoyed and sensitive but I'm afraid to admit it in person. Some people get on my case that I see the world differently, listen to only metal, screamo, hard rock, etc, and of what I wear. After all why should I care about people's lives? Explain why the years are passing by and society is still the same old sh*t hole? Can anyone make assumptions of this?