Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 10 years ago

can my mouse have a play date with my friends rat?

there both female im getting a mouse soon and we want them to play with each other is that ok

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Not a good idea. Rats, although they are mostly thought of as prey, are predators too. Rats instinctively kill mice, and even if the rat didn't attack it, the mouse would be terrified of the rat. Sometimes when a mouse just smells a rat around it gets really scared. Rats can play with other rats and mice can play with other mice, but don't mix the two species.

• Raven

I am going to say a big NO because rats will kill any other rodent it comes around. I have seen this happen in pet stores where someone puts a rat in a mouse cage and the rat just goes to town killing the mice. I had to get the person running the pet store and let them know. They ran to where the mice where and couldn't believe someone did that. And they thanked me for letting them know.

Source(s): hates how people can be so mean

NO NO NO

lord no they will kill the mouse in heart beat even if the mouse don't mess with it that much

if you plan on getting one make sure you spilt the cages a apart

nooooooo. They will fight and the rat will most likel kill your mouse. PS if your getting a mouse get 2 of the same sex, she will be much happier with a friend.

nope. the rat will more than likely attack the mouse