Linds
Lv 4
Linds asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 10 years ago

I'm making pillows what can I use to stuff them?

I'm looking for the fluffy stuff. Around the house I can't find it though what can I use instead? Household items?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are many things you can use to stuff your pillow. Old, clean socks and clothing, pantyhose, clothes dryer lint, plastic garbage bags, and plastic grocery shopping bags. If you live on a farm, you can use straw.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Stuff Pillows

• 10 years ago

"The fluffy stuff" is polyester fiberfill, often abbreviated as polyfill. It's the best thing for stuffing pillows.

I've used old bed pillows to stuff new pillows I've made; you can (and should) wash then in the washer and dry them in the dryer before you use them, so the stuffing is nice and fresh.

If you don't have any old pillows, if you can shred old clothes and/or plastic grocery bags, they'll do.

• 10 years ago

Chopped up nylons (or even t-shirts) can work, but they aren't very fluffy. They're better for stuffed toys and such. You really should find a way to get to the store and purchase some polyester fiberfill. That will make the best pillows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

you can purchase ready made forms for them at wall mart,the fabric store or you can find bags of fibrefill ,but I would use the pillow form to have a nicer pillow.

• 10 years ago

I would use cotten from that store. What about old ripped up socks, another really old pillow, old t shirts, old blanket

• the most expensive pillows are feather. i think thats what you should use to stuff your pillows

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.