Linds
Linds asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 10 years ago

I'm making pillows what can I use to stuff them?

I'm looking for the fluffy stuff. Around the house I can't find it though what can I use instead? Household items?

Favorite Answer

There are many things you can use to stuff your pillow. Old, clean socks and clothing, pantyhose, clothes dryer lint, plastic garbage bags, and plastic grocery shopping bags. If you live on a farm, you can use straw.

• ?

Stuff Pillows

"The fluffy stuff" is polyester fiberfill, often abbreviated as polyfill. It's the best thing for stuffing pillows.

I've used old bed pillows to stuff new pillows I've made; you can (and should) wash then in the washer and dry them in the dryer before you use them, so the stuffing is nice and fresh.

If you don't have any old pillows, if you can shred old clothes and/or plastic grocery bags, they'll do.

Chopped up nylons (or even t-shirts) can work, but they aren't very fluffy. They're better for stuffed toys and such. You really should find a way to get to the store and purchase some polyester fiberfill. That will make the best pillows.

you can purchase ready made forms for them at wall mart,the fabric store or you can find bags of fibrefill ,but I would use the pillow form to have a nicer pillow.

I would use cotten from that store. What about old ripped up socks, another really old pillow, old t shirts, old blanket

• the most expensive pillows are feather. i think thats what you should use to stuff your pillows