Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

first person you call after a big earthquake...?

my sister

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the location of the earthquake !!

IF it's in the Philippines, we'd call my wife's family who live there.

IF it's in California... we'd call any of MY family who live in the affected area. Thankfully most of the family now lives outside the primary earthquake zones in California. My folks were still in the Bay Area during the Loma Prieta quake of 1989 and I was off the coast of the Soviet Union... it took 4 days to confirm they were okay.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

You're assuming that the phones work. If it's a big quake, they won't work. I've been through a big quake, 7.0, and the phones do NOT work.

My family had a spot we all agreed to meet at should something like this happen and it was the WORST waiting for them all to get there. We were lucky and the center of the quake wasn't nearby, yet it caused a lot of damage anyway. We were even more lucky that no one in our family were hurt.

When the phones were working again, we phoned our mothers (we are adults and knew our mothers were worried; we also knew our mothers would tell everyone we were fine).

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Meeser John

• 9 years ago

If I'm in the middle of a desaster - my mom.

If it was big but most people turned out fine or if I got somehow rescued - my best friend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

What if the telephone line got cut.? Or there's no signal for cellphones?

• 9 years ago

THE LORD! lol.

I would probably call my mother if she wasn't there with me.

Peace & Love !

XoXo,

Riah

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

**** my family, I'm calling an ambulance to save myself.

• Cletus
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

First person I called was my girlfried to ask her if she felt it (she did not)

• 9 years ago

My large neighbor to tell her to quit jumping.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nobody

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.