Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

first person you call after a big earthquake...?

my sister

Favorite Answer

Depends on the location of the earthquake !!

IF it's in the Philippines, we'd call my wife's family who live there.

IF it's in California... we'd call any of MY family who live in the affected area. Thankfully most of the family now lives outside the primary earthquake zones in California. My folks were still in the Bay Area during the Loma Prieta quake of 1989 and I was off the coast of the Soviet Union... it took 4 days to confirm they were okay.

• ?

You're assuming that the phones work. If it's a big quake, they won't work. I've been through a big quake, 7.0, and the phones do NOT work.

My family had a spot we all agreed to meet at should something like this happen and it was the WORST waiting for them all to get there. We were lucky and the center of the quake wasn't nearby, yet it caused a lot of damage anyway. We were even more lucky that no one in our family were hurt.

When the phones were working again, we phoned our mothers (we are adults and knew our mothers were worried; we also knew our mothers would tell everyone we were fine).

Meeser John

If I'm in the middle of a desaster - my mom.

If it was big but most people turned out fine or if I got somehow rescued - my best friend.

What if the telephone line got cut.? Or there's no signal for cellphones?

THE LORD! lol.

I would probably call my mother if she wasn't there with me.

Peace & Love !

XoXo,

Riah

**** my family, I'm calling an ambulance to save myself.

• Cletus

First person I called was my girlfried to ask her if she felt it (she did not)

My large neighbor to tell her to quit jumping.

Nobody