Whats the best thing for buffer swirl marks?

I'm gonna really clean up my truck tomorrow, and when I got it, there were these swirl marks on it, which you can only see when the sun hits it right, so I assume from a buffer. I plan on washing, and waxing it tomorrow, really get it nice and shiny, and I want to get rid of these swirls. Whats the best thing to use for them? Or what do you recommend?

Favorite Answer

buffer swirls are probably too much in one spot with too much pressure or too coarse a grit or a clogged buffer. work in small areas at hi rpm and low pressure, with enough polish to do that spot. Do not try and work large areas, the polish dries before you get it all buffed up. If swirls are too bad, you may have to cut it back with compound and start again from a fresh surface-but the paint is thin, and you may take too much off. Pay a professional to get the best results, they have insurance and can repaint if they go thru the outer coats.

Mequiar's Swirl-X works well.

However with any product like this it must be used correctly or you can cause more damage than when you started.

Use the correct high quality buffing pad on a buffer with the correct speed. Avoid polishing any edges or body lines as you can very easily buff through the paint. Apply some tape over these edges to be safe. Follow the instructions precisely.

A good quality wax should take care of the swirls. If the wax does not, try a polishing compound first and wax the area again afterwards.

they sell stuff at auto zone made for swirl marks. you put it on just like wax and it,s suppose to remove them.

look into rubbing compound and clay bar