What does this charge mean? How long for bail? Dane County, WI?

My boyfriend was arrested last night and is an illegal immigrant. They still have not set a bail amount for him. I was informed that he was on a probation hold, but had the chance to see a judge (to set a bail amount, I believe) today at 1:30pm but when I call the "VINE" system, there is no information on bail, no date to be seen by a judge, and no set release date. Also, one of his charges is "not classified". What does this mean? His other charges were possession of drug paraphernalia and he violated his probation. Does the fact that he still has no set bail mean he was unable to be seen today, or is it possible that instead of doing jail time he chose to be deported? I just checked and it said he is still located at the Dane County Sheriff's Office. How long before immigration comes to get him?

Best Answer

It doesn't necessarily be deported. Most violation of probation charges are no bond holds. If he is an illegal immigrant and they intend to deport him he will be interviewed by ICE. They will ask him his name and where he was born. What a lot of people dont understand about immigration is they have to establish the fact he is not a US citizen, and even if you aren't in the country legally you still have the same rights to remain silent as everyone else does. So if ICE does come to talk to him, I strongly advise him to remain silent and not answer any questions. If his status changes to something like "hold for ICE" "federal holdover" or something like that then there's cause for concern. To be honest with you though, most of the time ICE isn't worried about anyone who has non violent non drug crimes. Now if it becomes a continuous thing then they will start looking. Good Luck to you and your boyfriend

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My boyfriend was arrested last night and is an illegal immigrant. They still have not set a bail amount for him. I was informed that he was on a probation hold, but had the chance to see a judge (to set a bail amount, I believe) today at 1:30pm but when I call the "VINE" system, there is...

Source(s): charge long bail dane county wi: https://shortly.im/TtMOq
  • lynne

Dane County Vine System

It means he is on a Deportation hold. He could be there many months before being deported. There will be no bail.

Source(s): jail staff

No bail,

he'll be deported ASAP.

Source(s): I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration..