Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 10 years ago

What exactly is a foreign exchange student?

What is a foreign exchange student and if you had the opportunity would you be one and where would you go? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hi

An exchange student is a fantastic experience basically is when you go to another country to learn or improve a language and also to learn about the culture of that country, you usually talk with a specific travel-agency with experience in exchange students like YFU, AFS or another to see an exchange program (you stay with a host family and have special classes of a specific language, and includes another activities with other student that are on an exchange student too ), they ask you where you want to go, for how long do you want to go, what language do you wanna learn etc, after this you have to take some exams to verify you level of the language (in some countries the ask you to have a basic knowledge of the local idiom), and you postulate to go to that place, the also make you some interviews to search a host family for you, and finally if you pass you pay for the program and then you go on a exchange student!

If i had the opportunity i would love to be an exchange student and I would like to go to Australia to improve my english because i'm not a english native speaker (so sorry if i made mistakes lol) i love the idea of being an exchange student also i'm triying to convince my parent to let me go on one.

Hope this help you

Bye!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): foreign exchange student: https://tr.im/Nvkr7