Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do Nancy Pelosi and Michael Moore call themselves 'Catholic'?

How can they call themselves that, when their choices in life do not signal any sign of them being a catholic.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I can think of a few things to call them and catholic isn't on my top 10 list.

• 9 years ago

I agree. People like Ted Kennedy (and other Kennedys) and my own former gov. Jennifer Granholm call themselves "pro-choice" Catholics. I don't understand what they don't get. Forget whether you're for or against abortion. That's irrelevant. But what we can say, without a shadow of a doubt, is that to be Catholic you must follow Catholic teachings, such as being pro-life. These people are not Catholic by definition. It's factual.

I have heard of some priests/bishops saying they would refuse to give Communion to these folks. I commend them and wish more would follow.

• 9 years ago

Because they want to identify with the conservative catholic church, the church of JFK, but show how liberal they have become. Joe Biden is a "catholic too", but they can not take communion, not my rule, that is the rule of the catholic church, the very same that they say they belong to. Why can't they take communion you may ask, because they are not in good standing is the answer. Teddy Kennedy is another example of this.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You have never been to Canada where all Catholics are like that.

And also in many places in Western Europe, they must all be terrible catholics and Americans are the only ones who get it right.

The world is a big place, learn to live with people or you're going to be hating half the world.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • torti
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What do you anticipate from a toddler-kisser? They communicate for impression, no longer actuality. that's suitable by using fact maximum people want what sounds stable to them, no longer in basic terms the certainty. If the certainty sounds stable, ok. If it would not they want greater useful sounding lies. Politicians supply them what they want with a view to be elected. The senseless a lot think of electing somebody who tells them stable sounding fairy memories will lead them to alter into genuine.

• 9 years ago

The same goes for the right that calls themselves Christians when they are so full of hate.

• Tom K
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I guess someone should call the 'Catholic' police. Or maybe they're busy with other things these days. Where's a good, old fashioned Inquisition when you really need one?

• Tyler
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Maybe because they are......?

Why do republicans call themselves "smart"? How can they call themselves that, when their choices in life do not signal any sign of them being smart.

• 9 years ago

Boinkin' alterboys does not signal a priest being a catholic... but they are and perform mass

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Maybe they were baptized and confirmed as Catholics and identify as Catholics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.