Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do liberals call themselves "free thinkers" when they all believe the same progressive propaganda?

Is that funny? A bunch of "independent thinkers" who all believe the same thing.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To liberals free means anti-USA.

• 9 years ago

When people hold certain beliefs and they meet people or listen to people on TV or radio that share the same viewpoints, it isn't that they are being brainwashed. It is just enjoying the company of like-minded people. I am talking about both sides, not just liberals. As human beings, I think we can all agree that it is pretty neat to meet a like-minded individual and have that feeling of wow they really get me. If people on either side just blindly follows, they are idiots. There is nothing wrong,however, with liking people that you share a common interest with. Every now and again these same people will do something you don't agree with and it is okay to admit it when that happens.

• 9 years ago

it's actually funny that you bring that up because every "free thinker" or "independent" i've met is the definition of a republican. liberals aren't afraid to call themselves democrats, it's always the republicans who find new names for themselves. what did the tea part call itself? an independent group. what was it? a large group of radical republicans

name one independent group that's really liberal. try it, name just one

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Constitutional Limited Republic ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

democrats stick together on any one idea less than any party.

The republicans are the ones who have the talking points they never get off of. They're the party that punishes their own for having different viewpoints. They even have to begin hating their own ideas. The Dream Act was John McCain's idea. By the time it came to vote, he hated it because so did the rest of the GOP

(I call them the GOWP for Good Old Worthless Party)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Liberals call themselves " free thinkers " because they think everything is free

• 9 years ago

You poor misinformed soul.

You do realize progressives make up about 20% of liberals.

Or are you believing that the Tea Party speaks for all Republicans?

• geoz
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I think not all think the same... but many do.

I think that because they say that because they are less bound by the status quo and the past, and are more about possibility than limitations. It has a free connotation.

• 9 years ago

I'm more of a shackled thinker with a yearning to be free.

• 9 years ago

It's because most independent thinkers come to similar conclusions.

• 9 years ago

It is sort of like all the kids at school who get piercings, shave their heads, and wear black clothing, to (look different). They all look and act the same. Cracks me up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.