Is construction management a good degree?

okay so im graduating in june and im going to anne arundel community college for 2 years to see if im fit for college, then hopefully transfer. I really want to major in construction management which they offer. With that degree i could be a cost estimator, superintendent well assistant superintendent first,... show more okay so im graduating in june and im going to anne arundel community college for 2 years to see if im fit for college, then hopefully transfer. I really want to major in construction management which they offer. With that degree i could be a cost estimator, superintendent well assistant superintendent first, inspector, etc. I have a wide range. I could do the dirty work as a project manager or more office work with cost estimating. My uncle was the superintendent of water and waste water treatment plane construction for pizzagalli construction. He didn't go to college but he started at the bottom, he helped build the Denver int airport right out of high school then he moved back to his hometown near where i live.
Okay back to me, i don't want to sit at a desk all day long, i like using my hands and move around. I would like to get into the waste water construction field or highway/road construction. Maybe bridge or skyscrapers but idk bout height.
Anyways my parents are advising against it, i know the residential construction is down, but commercial, come on, bridges roads, etc always need to be maintained. And according to the bureau of labor statistics, construction and its related field are supposed to be one of the fastest growing field in the next decade. well this is contradicting also the Maryland budget wast put out and there were 8 wastewater treatment plant upgrades from 5 to 11 million dollars in the budget in Annapolis and other cities. also construction management has on of the top ten highest average starting salaries
help i need advice
also i know i might have to move to where the construction jobs are which i don't mind outta college which is close to where i live.
but i worried how i will do, i know little about construction and nothing about waste water treatment plant construction, will i learn this stuff on job site or college?