The world, we are told, was created by a God ..I wonder where he is hiding all this time?

The world, we are told, was created by a God who is both good and omnipotent lol?

Perhaps the simplest and easiest to understand is the argument of the First Cause. (It is maintained that everything we see in this world has a cause, and as you go back in the chain of causes further and further you must come to a First Cause, and to that First Cause you give the name of God.) That argument, I suppose, does not carry very much weight nowadays, because, in the first place, cause is not quite what it used to be. The philosophers and the men of science have got going on cause, and it has not anything like the vitality it used to have; but, apart from that, you can see that the argument that there must be a First Cause is one that cannot have any validity. I may say that when I was a young man and was debating these questions very seriously in my mind, I for a long time accepted the argument of the First Cause, until one day, at the age of eighteen, I read John Stuart Mill's Autobiography, and I there found this sentence: "My father taught me that the question 'Who made me?' cannot be answered, since it immediately suggests the further question `Who made god?'" That very simple sentence showed me, as I still think, the fallacy in the argument of the First Cause. If everything must have a cause, then God must have a cause. If there can be anything without a cause, it may just as well be the world as God, so that there cannot be any validity in that argument. It is exactly of the same nature as the Hindu's view, that the world rested upon an elephant and the elephant rested upon a tortoise; and when they said, "How about the tortoise?" the Indian said, "Suppose we change the subject." The argument is really no better than that. There is no reason why the world could not have come into being without a cause; nor, on the other hand, is there any reason why it should not have always existed. There is no reason to suppose that the world had a beginning at all. The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imagination. Therefore, perhaps, I need not waste any more time upon the argument about the First Cause.

Then there is another very curious form of moral argument, which is this: they say that the existence of God is required in order to bring justice into the world. In the part of this universe that we know there is great injustice, and often the good suffer, and often the wicked prosper, and one hardly knows which of those is the more annoying; but if you are going to have justice in the universe as a whole you have to suppose a future life to redress the balance of life here on earth. So they say that there must be a God, and there must be Heaven and Hell in order that in the long run there may be justice. That is a very curious argument. If you looked at the matter from a scientific point of view, you would say, "After all, I only know this world. I do not know about the rest of the universe, but so far as one can argue at all on probabilities one would say that probably this world is a fair sample, and if there is injustice here the odds are that there is injustice elsewhere also." Supposing you got a crate of oranges that you opened, and you found all the top layer of oranges bad, you would not argue, "The underneath ones must be good, so as to redress the balance." You would say, "Probably the whole lot is a bad consignment"; and that is really what a scientific person would argue about the universe. He would say, "Here we find in this world a great deal of injustice, and so far as that goes that is a reason for supposing that justice does not rule in the world; and therefore so far as it goes it affords a moral argument against deity and not in favor of one." Of course I know that the sort of intellectual arguments that I have been talking to you about are not what really moves people. What really moves people to believe in God is not any intellectual argument at all. Most people believe in God because they have been taught from early infancy to do it, and that is the main reason.

Then I think that the next most powerful reason is the wish for safety, a sort of feeling that there is a big brother who will look after you. That plays a very profound part in influencing people's desire for a belief in God.

it is clear that the fundamental doctrines of Christianity demand a great deal of ethical perversion before they can be accepted. The world, we are told, was created by a God who is both good and omnipotent. Before He created the world He foresaw all the pain and misery that it would contain; He is therefore responsible for all of it. It is useless to argue that the pain in the world is due to sin. In the first place, this is not true; it is not sin that causes rivers to overflow their banks or volcanoes to erupt. But even if it were true, it would make no difference. If I were g

If I were going to beget a child knowing that the child was going to be a homicidal maniac, II should be responsible for his crimes. If God knew in advance the sins of which man would be guilty, He was clearly responsible for all the consequences of those sins when He decided to create man.

The usual Christian argument is that the suffering in the world is a purification for sin and is therefore a good thing. This argument is, of course, only a rationalization of sadism; but in any case it is a very poor argument. I would invite any Christian to accompany me to the children's ward of a hospital, to watch the suffering that is there being endured, and then to persist in the assertion that those children are so morally abandoned as to deserve what they are suffering. In order to bring himself to say this, a man must destroy in himself all feelings of mercy and compassion. He must, in short, make himself as cruel as the God in whom he believes. No man who believes that all is for the best

• SHIVA
    Favorite Answer

God is within you .

You have to give it time and attention.

Source(s): bn
  • ?

God is not responsible for our actions just because he foreknew our actions. God just knew what any free creature would do in any given situation. here is a good video on the subject by a very well known philosopher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX3uujCanf8

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

As for you question, where has God been hiding all this time. well, considering that if God created the universe he must therefor transcend the universe. which means that God must be space-less,timeless,and material-less. this means that God is unseen. this is why jesus is called the shekinna glory of God. meaning the physical glory of God. so has God revealed himself?yes through the person of Jesus of Nazareth.and the argument from the first cause is still a very strong argument for the existence of God. the only way to disprove that existence of God is to prove that God is unnecessary for the universe existence. the big bang prooves that the universe must have a cause which goes in line with the "hypothesis" of God.

EDIT: you are asking that if God knew that man was going to sin why did he create man in the first place? God created man so that they may know him and enjoy him and glorify him forever.so God created out of love. maybe in all possible worlds inwhich God could have created. man would fall into sin. so maybe God decided to create a world inwhich he would recieve the most people unto salvation in christ. GOD DID NOT CREAT MAN SIMPLY TO LIVE HAPPY LIVES, BUT FOR MORE. TO KNOW AND ENJOY THE GREATNESS OF GOD.

Source(s): reasonablefaith.org
  • enfvap

God isn't hiding. He is in our cells, which is probably such an expected answer by someone that it is pathetic. But certainly he is everywhere. His intelligence does not have to match ours. And yet there are spirits and beings who's intelligence can match up with one almost perfectly to create a lasting and effective symbiotic relationship.

Searching is a part of God. We weren't meant to live in stasis. But constant conversation, or flux between objects, desire for an object keep us alive. Maybe we're supposed to go find God. I'm fed up with the concept of God though. There are so many different spirits out there, personalities of animals, and types of knowledge different humans have, that feeling the elation one would attribute to being in God's presence should be accessible and readily available.

I believe good doesn't want us to see him because if we saw him, we would ALL live our lives according to his higher power. Also, I believe God did create this world to be good with no evil, but once we obtainted the knowlege of essentially, doing wrong we became "evil." The amazing thing about life is the fact that we get to make our own decisisions. Some good, some terrible. Although god may not want you to make those bad decisions, he gives you the freedom to anyways. Think of a world totally controlled by god, it would be a dictatorship and everyone would bow down to him. He let's you make your own decisions, so that explains to you why there is evil. He in no way, brings it upon us. We do it to ourselves. Not him.

astonishing i had not in any respect considered a guy holding that so sweet of u adult men not in any respect comprehend the essence of females they r there in each and every walk of life as a mom,sis,pal,spouse,daughter being a gal myself,i extremely take excitement in this i want different adult men too comprehend that

contrary to popular belief go is real he's just not all powerful he couldnt even defeat his own creation judges 1:19 but i do believe he is a good god we just got out of his power

He's under your keyboard and you're beating the crap out of him.

China called,they want their wall back!

He is making sure he has plenty of things to convict you over.

God disappeared up your bottom, he likes hiding in there.