how old do you have to be to open a bank account?

im under the age of 18 n i want a account what banks would let you have one under the age of 18 n how do i get a bank account

Favorite Answer

There are still a couple around (very rare).

Google all your local banks.

If you don't find any stop by your credit union or small regional bank and explain your situation.

IF you have solid employment with direct deposit, they MAY let you open a checking account if you are under 18...

Depends where you are from, and what kind of bank account you want.

I'm 16 and I have a Cardcash account, which easily lets me store and take out money.

It really depends what kind of bank account you want though, If I was you I would check out websites of your local banks they have lot's of information.

Source(s): Before I got my bank account I went to visit my bank and they gave me a booklet with lot's of information on different bank accounts to choose from.
  • rka

Ask your parents to go with you and sign and open the account.

i think you can make a joint acc with a family member over 18 if your underage but as for your own i doubt it