yes
yes asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Is this a good hook for the book?

I have changed this several times and made it shorter. Do you think this blurb is a good hook for making somene interested in the book? Does it hook attention, or you find it boring? Thanks for all answers in advance.

Nirvana: Absolute freedom

Genre: Non-fiction

To realize true and lasting freedom, you must question and challenge traditionally held views. Is true fulfillment guaranteed once you have enough wealth, fame, power and recognition? And how much is really enough, and how long do you have to keep striving and competing for it? Or is happiness the result of finding your perfect soul mate like some believe? Or as some others believe, do you have to wait for an after-life in anticipation of some reward for good behavior?

In Nirvana, you are take on deep inquiries into such popular beliefs to help uncover your own truth. You learn about a much simpler and effective way to reconnect with your true Self and rediscover the forgotten treasure that lay buried deep within you. Once you learn to tap into this inner treasure, you begin to experience a state of freedom from thought, freedom from dependence, freedom from suffering; a state so deeply fulfilling that no objective experience can even come close. Thus commences our journey to absolute freedom, Nirvana.

Favorite Answer

I think it's a REALLY good hook! :) i would read this book in a heart-beat! :)

Good Job! Really.

Amazing!

:)

Ooh!! I loved this hook. It was very interesting and made me want to read more. I would definitely read that book!

I'd read it. The last few lines are the kind of things that give you goose bumps

It's more of a prologue than a narrative hook.

sounds life changing

I would read it. (: