Solar Storm,Should We Be Worried?

Once i found out about the solar storm in 2012/2013 is going to happen,i started doing my research. Apparently this solar storm will wipe out our electric grids across earth,which will cost alot of money and lives (think about it,especially hospitals...) but wont affect earth in a physical way,like an asteroid... show more Once i found out about the solar storm in 2012/2013 is going to happen,i started doing my research.

Apparently this solar storm will wipe out our electric grids across earth,which will cost alot of money and lives (think about it,especially hospitals...) but wont affect earth in a physical way,like an asteroid will.

I get pretty "hmm" when stuff like this comes to my ears because in todays society,you dont know who to believe.Sure it happened in 1859 but then again,we know more in todays science than we did back then.

Solar flares would not affect humans since our magnetic field and atmosphere will protect us from radiation,but what about electricity? Is it some sort of bullcrap like the end of the world in 2012?
Or should we be concerned about the event?
Update: Before you comment that im a stupid british idiot,
American NEWS actually said this.It is going around everywere about the solar storm.
I am not saying that i believe in it,but it mkes me wonder.