Arena surface types - your opinion?

I have two questions. If you could have any type of arena surface to ride on, what would you choose and why? My arena needs resurfacing, it is a very large area with good drainage. My husband has suggested looking into some type of wood surface, before just jumping back to sand. Have you ever used or... show more I have two questions.

If you could have any type of arena surface to ride on, what would you choose and why?

My arena needs resurfacing, it is a very large area with good drainage. My husband has suggested looking into some type of wood surface, before just jumping back to sand.

Have you ever used or seen a wood riding surface and what type was it (chips, sawdust etc). Did you like it... why/why not?

Thank you very much for your personal opinions on this topic ;-)
Update: I like the idea of rubber pieces if they are a good quality (not containing metal) I have seen them at one of our big indoor arenas that is a few hours away. I will look into where they sourced theirs from and costing. I would not use them straight, but a mix of that and sand would be good. And for the TD... show more I like the idea of rubber pieces if they are a good quality (not containing metal) I have seen them at one of our big indoor arenas that is a few hours away. I will look into where they sourced theirs from and costing. I would not use them straight, but a mix of that and sand would be good.

And for the TD fairy .... ;-( ...... personal opinion, there is no right or wrong!