Can a bladder infection lead to wetting the bed?

I think I might have a bladder infection, but how do I know? I've been drinking a lot of cranberry juice. And sometimes when I urinate it hurts. It's almost like a squeeze or a push on my bladder. I've overlooked it until last night when I wet the bed.

Favorite Answer

wetting the bed is possible. but sounds like you may be having a urinary tract infection. you will have to get it check out. if you are not opposed to medication you may need to undergo a bout of antibiotics to kill the bad bacteria however antibiotics generally kill all bacteria (good & bad) hence leaving you with other issues.

Step 1

Drink lots of fluids and avoid all sugary sweet drinks. Coffee and caffeinated beverages also tend to irritate the urinary tract.

Step 2

Drink unsweetened cranberry juice. Cranberry and blueberries provide chemicals that help prevent bacteria from adhering to the walls of the urinary tract.

Step 3

Rest and stay warm. You may also apply heat in the form of a hot water bottle around the kidney area at the lower back. A hot shower will also help the body fight infection by raising your body temperature.

Step 4

Avoid refined sugars. Processed white sugar is present in some white breads and pastas as well as candy products.

Step 5

Make teas. There are numerous herbs that tonify the urinary system, boost immunity, or have antibacterial properties. These include uva ursi, green tea, marshmallow root, buchu, chickweed, nettle and dandelion leaf. Use any of these herbs by combining 1 tsp. of the herb to 1 cup of hot water and steep for 5 to 10 minutes for leaves or flowers, 10 to 20 minutes for roots. Drink 2 to 4 cups per day. You may also use herbs in capsule, glycerite, or tincture form.

Step 6

Take 100 mg of grapefruit seed extract three times a day. Grapefruit seed extract has antibacterial properties. You can also take 1000 mg of vitamin C per day as it is an antioxidant and can help support the immune system.

Step 7

Eat yogurt with live probiotic cultures or a probiotic supplement at a rate of 5 to 10 billion CFUs, or colony forming units, a day. According to the University of Maryland, there is good evidence that probiotics help the urinary tract. Eating fish or fish oils can help decrease inflammation in the body because of the omega-3 fatty acids.

Step 8

See a doctor if you don't feel significantly better in 24 hours. Infections that have spread to the kidneys can be very dangerous if left untreated.

Some of the answerers were very well to you of their responses, others, sadly have now not and I'm sorry you have got had that. Some folks... Anyway, ingesting an excessive amount of earlier than mattress can most likely be an problem when you have a susceptible bladder. Diabetes sounds adore it would be the important problem and at 19 it might be an grownup onset diabetes. That is extra with no trouble controlled through vitamin and matters like that. You sound like a healthful fella - being a Marine, you are not able to get extra healthful than that - so it must be an handy challenge for you. The pressure detail most likely does now not aid you. I wish you can be ok however please see your general practitioner simply to be certain.

Yes