Can Ecstasy cause bad interactions with medication?

Couldn't find the answer to this online, so thought maybe someone on here may know? I'm on a lot of medicine for my autoimmune disease and my best friend asked if I ever tried ecstasy, I said no cause I don't think I can then he said it only messes with your brain and wouldn't do anything. Not sure I trust that...and would never risk that. So I'm just curious if anyone knows for sure.

By the way I don't plan on trying it. I usually stay away from things like that unlike most of my college friends.

Sorry, but you do not know me, this is honestly a curious question to further my knowledge on drug interactions. Feel free to accuse, but I won't acknowledge YOUR bulllshit

Favorite Answer

Yes, it could cause bad interactions. None of the drug interaction checkers include MDMA (the active ingredient of ecstasy) but it is very likely to cause interactions. Also, the MDMA is usually the least of your worries. People cut MDMA tabs with all kinds of things from baking soda to rat poison. Especially the immunomodulators, which can have several severe interactions. I'm not sure which one you're taking, but there's a good chance it has a lot of drug interactions.

Best to do like you have been doing, and stay away from Ecstasy.

By the way I don't plan on trying it. I usually stay away from things like that unlike most of my college friends. <<< i smell bullshit!, if you need to be asking these questions your not ready