Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 9 years ago

Is witchcraft really real?

I have been studying it for 2 days now and I was just wondering if I was wasting my time.

I am not trying 2 cast Harry Potter spells.

I'm trying to do real stuff like rain spells, luck spells, curses ect;;

• mystic
    Favorite Answer

First: yes it is real

second: maybe you should start off with something more simple than weather magick and stuff.

Third: there is more to understanding magick than just reading a spell and performing it

Fourth: here is a good book that will help you learn the basics so you will be able to do the kind of spells you are attempting now."Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard" by Oberon Zell Ravenheart.

Fifth: any questions please contact me, magick does have the ability of becoming dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Sixth: the three fold law still applies whether you are in a religion or just studding magick in general. What ever you send out will come back three fold.

Goblin queen: yes he does have a hatred for the dark pagans and satanists but I only want her to read it for the basic understanding of magick such as psychic talents and how to learn how to use them, and energy manipulation and how to exercise to strengthen this ability.

second the three fold law is not just wiccan it is in every known religion to this day except Satanist because they feel they have no consequences for their actions. when you send energy out it increases expediently eventually returning to the caster with more energy than was originally sent out, there for if you send out negative energy negative energy will increase expediently until it reaches you.

• benoff

do not permit those different men and women let you know its not anything in any respect just like the films, at the same time it would no longer be as severe and also you cant do some thing you desire due to the fact a few matters are simply no longer practical however there may be nonetheless a few lovely effective stuff, magic may be very truly. No its no longer simply "ooh permit me destroy a few herbs in combination and make contact with it witchcraft" thats known as wicca that's a faith no longer truly witchcraft. its a truly vigor that comes from inside and can also be informed with meditation and train and has a truly technology to it. I endorse discovering it extra, do not concentrate to points of interest that make it approximately faith or most effective say stuff approximately herbs and and many others.even though i do consider gem/crystal magick is handy for rookies

It is real, it just is not like most people think it is.

I advise you to study and learn... spells come months, even years, down the road. Knowledge & mental discipline first.

It is not a shortcut or an easy road... if you think it might be a waste of time, you will probably be disappointed and should just forget it, because it takes a great deal of commitment. You can't really commit to it until you are sure you want it.

Continue your studies (far longer than 2 days), practice what you learn and you will find out for yourself how real it is (and no it's not like Harry Potter, or other tv shows...it's a subtle practice so don't expect spectacular results immediately), pay close attention, and be clear on your intent

Source(s): Witch

Yes, it is real. What sort of magick are you studying?

And I wanna offer two different opinions on what mystic said.

1. Oberon's books are good solely for understanding the basics of ritual. He instills a lot of personal philosophy in his books, including his hatred for Satanists and Dark Pagans.

2. The Three-fold Law of Return is a Wiccan concept. A religious idea. In general witchcraft, no such law exists.

You're not wasting your time. If you find out it's 'real', you've learned something valuable. If you find out it's 'not real', you've still learned something valuable.

Learning ANYTHING is NEVER a waste of time!!! Never stop trying to learn things!! That's when the brain dies and the life looses meaning!

For the record, however, I've been studying for ten years and it hasn't been a waste of my time. It works for me.

-Scarlet

Source(s): eclectic witch

It's going to take a while before you see any result, two days is hardly any time at all. Like most things, you get out what you put in. Take your time, don't expect instant answers, and be prepared for the biggest change to be in you. (ie, you'll stop trying to do "rain spells" just to see if you can and start doing them when they are really needed.)

See also: http://erisiantrubble.com/faq/do-you-believe-in-wi...

The "3-fold-law" may be wiccan/religious/etc, but Newton's third law is physics, and very applicable to all types of magic.

Kiddies: wanna be strong magicians? Pay attention in physics class.

I'm sure you can make all kinds of things happen with modern science. Other than mumbo jumbo, that is all witchcraft is. Just a bunch of natural resources mixed together to create a desired effect. Seems to work for the medical community.

Yes you're wasting your time. There are certain religions that are somewhat witchcrafty based on nature, etc. but if you're trying to cast harry potter spells you are seriously wasting your time

The practice of witch craft is real but the outcome is questionable.