What's up with Obama?
I want to know what he originally promised, what he said he was going to do? And I want to know how much he has (or hasn't) accomplished and what he's promising now, and why people are so pissed at him.
Everyone at my school keeps asking for my opinion of him, but to be honest I don't have one. I hardly keep up with him, but I want to form some sort of opinion by hearing your opinions and doing other research of my own.
Please answer with as little sarcasm and witty remarks as possible.
If you state your opinion please state why you think so.
- Anonymous9 years agoFavorite Answer
1. Signed an Executive Order on government contracting to fight waste and abuse.
2. Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers.
3. Renewed dialogue with NATO and other allies and partners on strategic issues.
4. Announced a plan to responsibly end the war in Iraq.
5. Provided funding to families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB.
6. Ended media blackout on war casualties and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB.
7. Signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act which has created 2.1 million jobs (as of 12/31/09).
8. Launched Recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, an unprecedented step to provide transparency and accountability through technology.
9. Announced the "Making Home Affordable" home refinancing plan.
10. Launched a $15 billion plan to boost lending to small businesses.
11. Invested heavily in education both as a way to provide jobs now and lay the foundation for long-term prosperity.
12. Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America’s Veterans.
13. Signed an Executive Order establishing the White House Office of Urban Affairs.
14. Limited lobbyist's access to the White House.
15. Issued an Presidential Memorandum to restore scientific integrity in government decision-making.
16. Answered questions at the first online town hall from the White House that were submitted and voted on transparently by the public at WhiteHouse.gov.
17. Established a central portal for Americans to find service opportunities.
18. Launched Business.gov – enabling conversation and online collaboration between small business owners, government representatives and industry experts in discussion forums relevant to starting and managing a business.
19. Appointed the first ever Federal Chief Information Officer to provide management and oversight over federal IT spending.
20. Signed the Children’s Health Insurance Reauthorization Act on February 4, 2009, which provides quality health care to 11 million kids – 4 million who were previously uninsured.
21. Issued an Executive Order repealing the Bush-Era restrictions on embryonic stem cell research.
22. Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis.
23. Announced creation of a Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record for members of the U.S. Armed Forces to improve quality of medical care.
24. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date.
25. Committed to phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdates weapons systems, which weren't even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan.Source(s): 26. Provided federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research. 27. Provided new federal funding for science and research labs. 28. Played a lead role in G-20 Summit that produced a $1.1 trillion deal to combat the global financial crisis. 29. Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system. 30. Ordered the closure of the prison at Guantanamo Bay and a review of our detention and interrogation policy, and prohibited the use of torture. 31. Appointed Special Envoys for Climate Change, Southwest Asia, the Middle East, Sudan, and a Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan. 32. Empowered states to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards. 33. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect.
- tfoley5000Lv 79 years ago
Getting ready for tonight's speech and getting ready to lead I think that's a god thing to you have to watch 9 PM EST and 8 PM CST to find out what and why this Is happening for the greater good Is all I can tell you.
- Anonymous9 years ago
if i really believed he has any idea what he was doing it would be different but he just reads his script and follows orders.one thing for sure he is very ignorant
- 9 years ago
doesn't really matter, obama doesn't "do" anything, he does what the big boys say. it's the corrupt government making decisions not obama.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- David HLv 69 years ago
He`s a puppet.
- jeffmesa35Lv 79 years ago
change is coming