How do i get out of depression?

I'm pretty sure I know why I'm depressed, and I can't fix any of it on my own, all I can do is do other things to try and get me out of it I guess but i just don't have the motivation too. Like everything in my life is going pretty smooth right now (i guess), but over the years when a lot of stuff... show more I'm pretty sure I know why I'm depressed, and I can't fix any of it on my own, all I can do is do other things to try and get me out of it I guess but i just don't have the motivation too. Like everything in my life is going pretty smooth right now (i guess), but over the years when a lot of stuff was going on (which i didnt cause) i was in a "dont care" phase where i just let none of it bother me, or I just didnt understand it (I'm a teen). But now its all hitting me like a brick wall and it basically started at the beginning of this school year. The only thing that was keeping me "decent" thru the fall was working out and eating good (which I did most of last year except the summer). But now I've lost all motivation to work out and have been eating crap lately, as well as not giving a damn about after school sports, ive been counting down till this sport's season is over. I'm also currently single, and don't plan on really having a girlfriend, itd be nice but i realized i cant connect with like anybody (girls and boys, i'm straight its just im saying this statement on a friend level) except a couple friends but sometimes i just dont feel connected really i just hang out and talk to them cause i don't really have a choice. Reason is, is because I can't deal with the ignorance and stupidity they show in what they do, for example they complain about how their parents punish them when they clearly did something wrong and they just ignore that fact, or how teenagers just thro the word "love" around as if it were a ball (lol really bad analogy, i cant think of anything good, but its pretty self explanatory). Also the stupid thought processing and stupid convos that most people have, I just can't connect to any of that, I'm almost on a different level than them (and thats not in a arrogant way). And some examples specifically to girls, how obnoxious and annoying a lot of them are, and how they always complain about how much of "pigs" guys are and yet they throw themselves at a bunch of pigs i guess. Theres a bunch of other examples, bottom line all of that just annoys me, thus is why I only hav like 2 friends that I can really connect with fine, about a handful that are alright but sometimes annoy me, and the rest i just talk to or hang out with cause theres really no choice because mostly everyone is the same way, following the crowd and what not.

Anyway thats why lately I just think about the future and can't live in the now cause it just angers me too much. I just think about college, and working to get a successful job so I can actually enjoy life. And last year one of the friends that i can actually connect with, all he would talk about and still does is the future and what not, and then i would say how about you live in the now, but now i understand why, cause he's just as screwed up as me.

Some other things, everything is a hassle to do, i don't really care about school (i manage to get high test grades), been eating a lot (not overweight though), can't get to sleep every couple of nights and i have to take sleeping pills to actually get to sleep, and I don't really have anything to look forward to except getting the hell out of high school and moving on in my life (going to college and meetin new people) but im not even half done. How do i get out of this slump and actually live in the now and enjoy it?

Some other quick facts:
I recently been into philosophy
I watch a lot of history channel
I despise organized religion and despise the anti-reason that some people posses, i can understand believing in a deity but the fact that people think they can't eat meat on fridays or eat dairy with meat or that they have to pray three times a day facing "holy ground" just angers me (I go back and forth between agnostic and atheist)
I like science (not school science though) and history
Update: Samuel: Dont try and put it nicely, I could care less, i like when people dont sugar coat and are straight up and honest. I respect your opinion, but honestly don't care about it cause its not me that has to mature, ive dont enough maturing, you need to mature. And i have a life, and im just getting pissed off... show more Samuel:
Dont try and put it nicely, I could care less, i like when people dont sugar coat and are straight up and honest. I respect your opinion, but honestly don't care about it cause its not me that has to mature, ive dont enough maturing, you need to mature. And i have a life, and im just getting pissed off with it.