Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 10 years ago

Stocks picks for growth and dividend in 2011, and the coming years?

Favorite Answer

although i don't own any of these, here's what i have for 2011

agnc - american capital agency

ba - boeing

bac - bank of america

bmy - bristol myers squibb

cel - cellcom israel

cl - colgate

dd - el du pont de nemours

ftr - frontier communications

hd - home depot

intc - intel

jnj - johnson and johnson

ko - coca cola

mcd - mcdonalds

mmm -3m

mo - altria

mrk - merck

pfe - pfizer

pg - proctor and gamble

t - at&t

trv - the travelers company

vz - verizon

win - windstream corp

xom - exxon mobil

stocks with high dividends may seem like an attractive buy, but you have to be cautious of these companies because they may stop offering dividends (which will cause their stock prices to drop) or eventually go bankrupt, a good example is AGNC they pay 5% dividends (20% annual) but its doubtful whether they can continue this trend

I can help some with dividend.

What you want in a dividend stocks is steady company profitgrowth, dividend appreciation, continued income reporting and dividend percentage per price of the stock. You want to avoid companies that lose money or have a history of losing blips. So in effect, stocks like 3M, IBM, Honeywell and the like are a good place to start. Beware of choosing even the best blue chip if the dividend is below 2% because it's not worth it. Anything 3% or better or you might as well just put it in a money market.

As for growth, well you can say Apple is a growth stock if you can afford $350 a share. It all depends on what you can afford to spend.

Penny stocks, also known as cent stocks in some countries, are common shares of small public companies that trade at low prices per share. They are notoriously risky but if you follow a special method I've learned you can earn good money at almost no risk. This is the site I use: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

I definitely recommend subscribing to this site in particular. Very good research, quality stocks. I was a bit weary of penny stocks from all the bad hype they receive but this guy is pretty legit. He's put my mind at ease with a lot of the fears I've had. I especially like that he doesn't send out announcements left and right. I've signed up for other websites that fill my in-box with one company after the other. I don't know where to even start with so many choices in front of me! Nathan sends me one idea a week and that's all I need. Working so many hours during the week leaves me with very little time when I get home to start doing tons of penny stock research. I'm always eager to see what Nathan's next suggestion is each Friday and I love having time on the weekend to do my research.

As said above if you want to make money with penny stocks you have to follow some proven methods. This one in my opinion is the best: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

Best

I have an ETF dividend combination of 50% PFF ; 30% MUB and 20% JNK. This combination over exposes you slightly to the financial sector. I prefer ETFs to stocks especially if your objective is income, as there is no risk of CEOs leaving, missing earnings, etc. My 2 cents. Here's how u would have performed v/s stock market if u had a profile like that.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=2y&s=PFF&l=on&z=l&...

BGCP

CPY

DLX

ARLP

I can't guarantee that they'll be the best ones for two years, but they'll definitely get you through at least the next quarter, probably longer.