Jay™
Jay™ asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

What do you think about Blake Griffin?

Just want some opinions on him. This guy literally took the NBA by storm and he's been playing for less than a year right now (I'm not counting last season as his first season, considering he didn't play a single game).

What does the Yahoo! Answers community think of him? I think he's going to be a great player, have a splendid career, and probably be the next LeBron James. I wouldn't be surprised if Blake Griffin pulls the Clippers out of their misery like LeBron did for Cleveland and turn the Clippers into a top 5 team in the West within the next 3-5 years.

Also, what makes this guy so damn beastly?

Favorite Answer

I think he's a solid player but I think fans are overrating him because of how exciting he is. There are definitely people on Y!A who talk about him as though he's an MVP candidate right now and that's just silly. The Clippers do have a nice young core though and I think that when teams like the Lakers, Spurs and Mavs are finally too old to compete and the Nuggets lose Melo they could be contenders with the Thunder.

The guy is so beastly because he is very strong with a muscular upper body that does not affect his athleticism or jumping ability, usually guys with his muscle mass can't jump as high because they are weighed down. He is able to out jump almost everybody and still have the power throw down incredible dunks.

Assuming he doesn't have a horrendous injury he'll make it to the hall of fame simply because fans will want to see him in the all-star game every year and he'll make about 12 of them before he's done. He's like a Vince Carter who actually seems to care a little bit.

Blake will be bad***, BUT I think he's done more than simply throw down a few dunks, he's altered the Clips losing mentality and bottom-dwelling spirit. I knew it was going to take someone strong, who was willing to waltz in there and "not believe the hype" about some bulls*** curse. All of the previous 'wanna-be's have bought right into that crap, including Mark Jackson, and his dimwitted cronies (#). It's the true losers who buy into that stuff. Now, whether that is going to be enough to dominate the NBA, as a team (whether they can surround him with like talent), remains to be seen. Also, much credit needs to be given to his other teammates, especially Jordan. You can tell the flippant sycophants from the real NBA fans (who actually WATCH the games) by who they talk about. You get some announcers who say, "Oh, that Blake Griffin..blah blah 'dunks' "(that they watched on Sportscenter). The commentators who actually watch the games (e.g. 'The Czar', Hubie, etc.), rave about how Davis is embracing his leadership/support role, (of course) Gordon's contributions, and 'other' players like De Andre (at one point, he has 19 blocks in 3 games). If Jordan was more "popular", or if they actually watched the games, they would realize that, while Griffin has more dunks, some of De Andre's have been quite spectacular themselves (sometimes being fed by Blake).

(#) - Note, this includes Odom, who, when he sticks to what he can do, is fine as a #3, but when he was a #1, on the Clips, was just as punk***! "Oh God, I'm on the Clippers (in mopey voice), whaa, whaa, whaa". Now, he's a perfect guy to carry Pau and Kobe's balls around. No pressure, no problems, now he has a couple rings.

Source(s): 31 years of NBA watching

if Griffin comes again robust he's nonetheless very able of successful ROY, and till i pay attention for certain he'll be out for the yr or the various yr he's nonetheless my select If Griffin does not go back in time even though i'm going to need to cross with Evans or Curry. potentially Flynn. those men have the high-quality probabilities of getting enormous affects. Daye, Gibson, Blair, Jennings, Williams, DeRozan do not have almost gigantic ample affects on their respective groups to warrant being ROY.

• Mr. D

That kid has some hops!!! I think that in the next 3 or 4 years the debate between best player in the NBA will be between Blake and Kevin Durant

he'll be the best player in nba history, 12 rings, 12 finals mvp, 15 season mvp in a row

GOAT, BlakeGriffin > Wilt, MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird, West, Kobe and Scalabrine combined

• Mike

awesome. So fun to watch. The clippers suck but i watch their games just because of him. He's so exciting and good.

He is a genius.

He's a Beast. What more can be said?

Source(s): Big Bin