How does one get good EXAM grades?

In one of my (high school) class, I got very good grades during tests (80%-90%/ B-A), but I just got my exam and I barely passed. I passed by one point, to be exact. In my other, I'm studying my forte, I'm the best in the class, but I failed the exam. Its the first time I've actually failed in... show more In one of my (high school) class, I got very good grades during tests (80%-90%/ B-A), but I just got my exam and I barely passed. I passed by one point, to be exact.
In my other, I'm studying my forte, I'm the best in the class, but I failed the exam.
Its the first time I've actually failed in subject exams I'm good at!
And its not like I haven't done my job as a student, I studied, and listened in class. But somehow, it doesn't show in my exams, which is horrible because most of my final grade depends on said exams!

I'm not the most academic person apparently; I haven't passed Math since Grade 6, I got pretty low scores in Chemistry and Physics (they are no longer mandatory), but the art's, languages, and humanities I'm extremely good at... though my teachers no longer think so. (A*sholes)

So now I'm desperate and in need of help. My next exams are far away, but this year is important, if I don't get good grades, my university options will fall. As dramatic as this is, I am very alarmed by the bad results this term.
I need some suggestions, and my teachers barely gave me anything to work with, so here I am..