frou asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

Am i applying mascara right?

i know this sounds like a dumb question, but am i?? usually i start at the roots and go up while kind of wiggling the brush, then hold it for a second. it always just looks like my normal lashes, even though i've tried a million different mascaras. HELP??!!

Best Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you INCLUDING mascara!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

• Well yeah, mascara usually only makes your lashes appear thicker and darker, unless you get the lengthening mascara.

I usually like to apply it (if I do at all) by putting the mascara brush right near my eye, then blinking a few times to get it on my lashes, then I do what you do.

I would completely recommend Covergirl Lashblast. It really makes your lashes thick and long and perky:) If you apply mascara while looking down your nose at a mirror you can see every single lash. Just set a little mirror by your chin pointed up at your eyes and look down into it and apply 2 coats the way you have been:)

Source(s): youtube.com/dacheller

If you want your lashes to get more volume, I suggest you either look for a volumizing mascara or apply twice the amount of the mascara you usually have.

yes add a couple different layers and on special occasions if you have short lashes you can apply fake lashes. or for normal mascara sometimes it helps me if i put it on and then use a different kind over it/towards the top one the other kind it dry to add extra layers to it:)

yes, that is one way to put it on. i just sorta swipe it. use the mascara youve found works the best out of those million youve tried. but before you put your mascara on, try curling your lashes with an eyelash curler

hope this helps

:D

Thats how I apply it, and i get good results from that. If you want more dramatic results, i would recommend a volumizing mascara, such as Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black.

ya but try doing a couple layers of the same mascara on each eye

Yeah you're doing it the right way, everyone's got a different way of doing so. I usually do it the same as you do. No need to panic, love :) <3

Try buying a eye lash conditioner to appy first, it helps so much with clumping and adds a lot more volume to your lashes. You can buy them cheap, I prefer the clinique!