Help with inserting a tampon?!?!?!?

hey so im on my second period at the moment (i first got it three months ago) and i want to start using tampons. im only 12 years old, but im scared that when i might have my period around the time when i play sport or swim or something like that .. also tampons seem a lot less uncomfortable. i jsut cant seem to... show more hey so im on my second period at the moment (i first got it three months ago) and i want to start using tampons. im only 12 years old, but im scared that when i might have my period around the time when i play sport or swim or something like that .. also tampons seem a lot less uncomfortable. i jsut cant seem to get it in, not even a little bit. i dont think i've ever actually gotten it INside of me, im not even sure when the hole is. i know theres my urethra which is near the same region as my opening, but other than that i really cant see a hole... or a hymen. it just looks like pink tissue surrounded my the labia (thats the flappy skin surrounding it, right?) i cant even find the whole, i've looked down there a few times with a mirror but all i can see is my urethra. i havent uh fingered myself down there and i dont really want to cause its all bloody and whatnot. also im scared that im gonna hurt myself somehow by doing that.
so im having trouble inserting a tampon because:
1. i cant figure out wear the whole is
2. i have two kinds of tampons, one is the one without an applicator, and it feels kinda uncomfortable when i put it close to my vagina region, and then i have ones with a cardboard applicator, but it straight up hurts when i even put it up to the tissue. i havent found any ones with plastic applicators yet :(
3. is my opening too small cause im only 12?

please please help cause i really want to start using tampons, i really dont like pads, i feel like im wearing a diaper

and dont say anything inappropriate cause its really weird already putting this question up
Update: i live in australia and i have yet to come across a brand called tampax pearl. i found tampax, which has a cardboard applicator, but i havent found tampax pearl.
also the problem for me is i cant find the actual hole to insert the tampon into ... it all just seems like pink tissue down there