QUESTION ABOUT PANIC ATTACKS, PLEASE READ?

I've been getting panic attacks for the past 3 days, and I noticed that only when I think about having a panic attack is when I get one. I'm also quite depressed right now, and I'm sure that adds to it. What things can I do to prevent a panic attack? And I noticed that when I begin to drive is when I start to get one...it's like taking over my life

• CB
    Favorite Answer

You unknowingly hit on the very thing that makes panic attacks keep going. Panic disorder is when the fear of panic attacks triggers more panic attacks. I lived in a non ending cycle of six years of this very thing. Unlike the first person to answer, I say absolutely do NOT take drugs for this. It can't cure it. Get a book called Panic to Power by Lucinda Bassett. It is short and to the point. You can prevent a panic attack by realizing as bad as it feels, as close to death's door as it seems to take you.. it is an illusion. Use your rational thought to snap yourself out of the cycle. I lived with it for six yrs, and I got rid of it once I learned what the real causes are. The Panic to Power book was not the end of the story for me, but it was the beginning and the first thing I read that seemed to really make sense. After that I learned to meditate, and to view life from a rational point of view. I also had trouble driving by the way, and stop lights were the worst. I used to floorboard it everywhere I went. It was very bad. And here I am today and am perfectly fine. I don't even believe it could really ever happen to me again because I know too much about the triggers. Feel free to contact me. Hang in there. Also read everything you can get your hands on about the amygdala of the brain. Finally, in the cosmetic section of the drugstore, look for a stick of cocoa butter. It will be with the moisturizers. Queen Helene is one brand name i know. It smells like chocolate. The amygdala of the brain is directly connected to the sense of smell and the smell of cocoa will often short circuit a panic attack and bring it down quickly. Mainly, know that you are ok, and that this is a temporary problem.

Thays typically how they work the fear of having another tends to bring another one on i began having them in 2005 they went away in 2007 had virtually no panic but they have retunred fall 2010 no medications, therpay... i picked up a book on it and made my won audio tapes when in a calm stae saying over and over IAM CALM AND RELAXED i would listen to it few times a day and even when going to bed at night dont worry even if you go to sleep the subconscious mind is still awake and will absorb the message your hearing that helped a lot also look on youtube and type in panic attack symptoms you will find tons of video blogs posted by other people goign thru this that will help you see your not alone and many give tips how they deal with it, theres a free online group i just joined that pretty good www.mdjunction.com look for the panic attack group, also you can try chamomile tea is a mild relaxant tea, saint johnwort is good too BUT if you have high blood pressure or drink coffee or lots of caffienated beverages do not mess with it wit it can seriously spike your blood pressure rela high, iam speaking from personal experience on that one, wish you the best of luck cause i know what your going thru!

this is a blogtalkradio.com internet radio show about them its 90 minutes long

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ajmaharipsychewhisper...

i have had panic attacks for over ten years. i put on music that i can really get into and put a rubber band around my wrist, the first sign of panic i pop that rubber band hard enough to get my mind on the sting instead of the panic

Source(s): my life

I used to have panic attacks and the Doctor prescribed Paxil. Works get with no side affects.