Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 years ago

What is leukemia? And is anemia related to it?

I want to know what leukemia is because I kind off think I have that, but I might be just overreacting. And I want to know if anemia is like connected to that.

This is why:

Not so ling ago I was putting on cream on my legs and I noticed that I had several bruises on my legs, thighs and knees. At first I was like oh maybe I just hit myself, but then I started to notice like four bruises appear on my legs out of the no where...

For the anemia, well; [This was last year] I was on my period (this was during school) I had just had lunch, then out of the no where I just couldn't breath, I was paniking. My friend was with me and she told me that I looked horrible, my whole face had gone pale. I felt cold, but my body was hot and I was very inpacient I kept on moving from the chair to the floor. Then I asked the teacher if I could go to the nurse, she got an administrator to help me down and as I was walking down the stairs my legs were very shaky and I felt very very weak. When I got to the nurse she told me that I might have anemia.

[Two months ago] I was in class; I was on my period, then I started getting these ugly cramps. Then the whole thing started again, I couldn't breath and everytime I spoke I would run out of air fast. I felt really weak, my face was pale, I was sweating but my body was cold, I threw up, it was just horrible. And I thought right away that I had anemia; I haven't gone to the doctor to go checked up on...

Can some one help me please, tell me what I have.

Thank you in advance!(:

Favorite Answer

Leukemia-is a type of cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterized by an abnormal increase of white blood cells. Leukemia is a broad term covering a spectrum of diseases. In turn, it is part of the even broader group of diseases called hematological neoplasms.

Anemia-is a decrease in number of red blood cells (RBCs) or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin in the blood.[1][2] However, it can include decreased oxygen-binding ability of each hemoglobin molecule due to deformity or lack in numerical development as in some other types of hemoglobin deficiency.

Nope not the same nor related really u could have anamia but u just got to take care of UR self. Check a doctor and tell them wats the problem.

• .x

Leukemia is cancer of your blood or bone marrow. Anemia is a condition where you don't have enough red blood cells, there are a bunch of different causes but it's common if you are iron deficient.

Both of those conditions can give you unusual bruises, the rest sounds more like anemia than leukemia. Iron deficiency anemia is pretty common in women because of the blood loss during your period. Since you get these symptoms during your period, or at least they're worse then I would guess you're anemic and also maybe a bit dehydrated.

Go to the doctor and get a checkup and some blood tests run. If you are anemic, you will have a low red blood cell count. The testing can also show if you have signs of leukemia [would show up as a higher than normal white cell count] but I doubt that is what you have.

Oh just wanted to add that anemia is usually not really "serious" at least not like cancer, they will just have you eat more iron or take iron supplements. And anemia and leukemia are not really related.

Have you heard of google? Many websites describe illnesses at length. Do you have a doctor?