PLEASE i need help with a question concerning child support and visitation!!?

I'm asking this question for my brother. He has been ordered to pay child support which he pays her payments but then he found out that she moved to Dominican Republic with the child can she do this?? Also the child is 5 and he had never met her cause she wont allow him to he has filed a motion for visitation but they said she is no longer in the US so there is not much they can do but what i dont understand how are they still charging him the child support there able to do that but not help him see his kid? Now as far as the courts are concern she has her address as her parents address which live in the US can she get in trouble for this? please any information would be helpful. By the way the case is in Florida. I know he has to get a Lawyer but he just got laid off. Thanks in advance

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Next time you see your brother, take a baseball bat to his head.

    The most stupid things guys can do is have sex with a woman they are not married to. They voluntarily give up parental rights to any resulting child, in all 50 states, and most countries, except Germany. And no, ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

    Yes, thing have become impossible on seeing the child, due to her move. However, he can petition the court to have the child support order placed on hold as she has taken the child from the jurisdiction of the court. However, his first move is to contact child support enforcement and make an official request to modify the order due to now being unemployed. Help is free. These links will help.


    Federal Child Support Enforcement Handbook for Non-Custodial Parents


    To learn a father's rights, join Dads House Educational Center in Yahoo Groups. It's free to join, access all materials You associate with other fathers going through, and have already gone through, the same issues. We have an Educational Manual that teaches everything that needs to be known in addressing your legal issues. Mention your question here when asked why you want to join, as well as your state? \\\\\\\\

  • 10 years ago

    First, let me say that I think it is so immature for women to take the kids from their fathers especially when the father's are trying to do the right thing. Second, from what I know, if she has sole custody of the child then she can take the child out of the country and there is nothing that he can do. If however, he has shared custody then he can have her arrested because he was not aware of her leaving. As far as her using her mother's address, there should be something that he can do, because technically, she is suppose to be in the states. Check with a lawyer even if you have to go for the free consultation. Tell your brother to check with child services as far as what can he do, what rules apply to him, everything he can think of check. Then talk to a lawyer to see what he needs to do. I hope this helps and tell your brother good luck and I will pray for him. We need more father's like him

  • 10 years ago

    He could file an injunction against her action, but he needs to do it quickly. Since the child support is ordered by an American court, he will be punished if he doesn't keep it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.