whats the difference between Marine ITB and MCT?

i no infanry goes to ITB and non infantry goes to MCT.Is one training better then the other?..Whitch one do you get to do more stuff in?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

both fall under SOI (School of Infantry)

ITB is the Infantry Training Battalion and is where the grunts go for 0311 training, then if they're to be some specialized grunt they go to another school after this one (0341, 0313, 0331, 0352).

MCT is Marine Combat Training. Basically, everything that is NOT 03 goes to this.

Each type of training is generally broad. The grunt training is more in depth as far as tactics, but by no means the end all-be all. It's all a matter of what you want to do.

Source(s): If you can call 0341 "specialized." lol, I have NUMEROUS buddies that are '41's, just a dig on them. So don't flame me for that.
  • 10 years ago

The difference is that the non-infantry Marines continue to their respective MOS schools after MCT, whereas the Infanrty Marines stay and continue more advanced infantry training and break into specific MOS groups ie. 0311 (Rifleman), 0341 (Mortarman), 0331 (Machine Gunner) etc.

Source(s): USMC Infantry
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.