I work 16 hour shifts at a nursing home any suggestions on a good pair of shoes that won't kill my feet?

I have tried Nike, Kswiss ( hated Kswiss), and now Dr. Scholls brand. Nikes gave me blisters all around my feet .K swiss was just uncomfortable and Dr. Scholls made the balls of my feet hurt and my heal made for a very long and painful shift.

Favorite Answer

I can't say I have any experience in a nursing home, but I purchased a pair of shoes for working in a kitchen from Shoes for Crews, and they were incredibly comfortable throughout all of my shifts, including the occasional double that ran me 16 hours.

Their major selling point is the anti-slip soles, but I suppose that would come in handy at a nursing home, too. Maybe not as much as in a kitchen, but still handy.

http://www.shoesforcrews.com/

not sure where you go to get new scrubs but if you go to a medical supply store there will be shoes specifically for nurses they are pretty good but a little expensive for my taste and usually come in just white which is just terrible if your a nurse more them likely something will spill on your shoes. have seen other nurses with new balance shoes that they seem to like. or the ever popular crocs. just remeber for nurses its not the walking that kills your feet it the standing still or a med cart or at a pts bedside. walking will actually help make you feel better.

hope that helps

Get yourself a good pair of white athletic shoes. That's what most nurses and people who spend a lot of time on their feet wear

• CAT

My husband is on his feet all the time at work, his feet were really bothering him, he went to a podiatrist and he said buy New Balance, he did and he said he never knew how poorly his other shoes fit until he got a pair of New Balance. He recommended the brand to his mom and she is also on her feet all day at work and she said they made a big difference for her. My husband is a big guy and his mother is petite, so if it helped them they just might help you.

Go to a high end shoe store and ask them...or better yet, ask other workers where they got their shoes at.

hiking boots ,without socks that will ease the swelling and you can walk for miles without any pain

DR. Scholes......... i think thats how you spell it!!! they are super comfort!!!!!