Why wont my Kodak EasyShare M550 digital camera charge?

I just bought this camera yesterday and it doesn't work when it's not plugged in to the charger (it's the kind of camera that has an adapter and one end of the cord plugs into the the camera and the other to the adapter,and then you plug it into the wall and it charges). Also, in the directions, it says... show more I just bought this camera yesterday and it doesn't work when it's not plugged in to the charger (it's the kind of camera that has an adapter and one end of the cord plugs into the the camera and the other to the adapter,and then you plug it into the wall and it charges). Also, in the directions, it says that there should be a light on when it's charging, but there's not. This is what it says:
1. Turn the camera off.
2. Connect Kodak camera USB cable, Micro B / 5-pin and charger. (Use only the cable included with this camera.)
Battery charging light:
Blinking: charging
Steady: finished.

That battery is in the right way.