promotion image of download ymail app

I have two W-2's how do i file both of them?

One is for my pay for the year. The other one is because I am in the military and I moved across the country and was paid a substantial amount to do it. I was also taxed around 1500.00 USD though and I am wondering how do I get that money back? I know I am not supposed to file it as moving expenses though? IDK please help.

2 Answers

  • Bobbie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    1 1040 federal income tax return for both W-2 forms and any other worldwide income from any other sources would all be reported on the 1 1040 income tax return.

    You would combine the amounts on both W-2 forms Box 1 wages, etc Box 2 FIT amount and all of the other necessary information from the W-2 forms that will have to entered into the tax software program just as it is on the W-2 forms each one separately and the computer software will take care of the rest in order to get the correct number amounts on the correct lines of the 1040 income tax return in the software program that will be used for this purpose.

    Usually you have someone on the base that would be bale to assist you with your income tax returns.

    # Armed Forces Tax Council The Armed Forces Tax Council oversees the operation of the military tax programs worldwide, conducting outreach with the IRS to military personnel and their families. The AFTC consists of tax program coordinators for the Marine Corps, Air Force, Army, Navy and Coast Guard.

    # Volunteer Tax Sites Volunteer assistors at Military-based VITA sites are trained to address military-specific tax issues, such as combat zone tax benefits and the new Earned Income Tax Credit guidelines.

    Go to the website and use the search box for Topic 105 Armed Forces Tax Information and Publication 3 (2010), Armed Forces' Tax Guide

    Moving Expenses

    To deduct moving expenses, you generally must meet certain time and distance tests. However, if you are a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and you move because of a permanent change of station, you do not have to meet these tests. You can deduct your unreimbursed moving expenses on Form 3903.

    Permanent change of station.

    A permanent change of station includes:

    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful and good luck to you

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • npk
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    You simply include all W-2s on your tax return. One return - all W-2s on it.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.