Jannie asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

makeup for beginners?

i am just starting to get into makeup and was wondering what i should do. i dont wear foundation, but i wash my face, add my cetaphil moisturizer, then finish off with baby powder on my face to lock in moisture. im gonna buy a powder and bronzer to give me a little shine since spring is coming up. and i sometimes wear eyeshadow. waht is good makeup for a beginner?

im dark, like mahogany skin tone or a shade lighter.

Favorite Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

Baby powder would actually be absorbing that moisture and taking it away from your skin. If you have trouble with dry skin, I'd skip the baby powder step.

If you're looking for a powder and bronzer, I really like Revlon's Mineral Finishing Powder because it gives a really pretty, soft, glowy look and for bronzer I use Milani's XL Bronzing Duo (I really like it for light to medium skin tones because it doesn't have that orangey undertone to it). For eyeshadow, try one of the eyeshadow palettes from Wet n Wild, NYC, Maybelline, or Cover Girl. They'll come with a lot of different colors so you can start off with simple looks and work your way towards more complex looks. Good luck!

You can consider BEST MAKEUP PALLETTE

SHANY Sophisticated Collection - Mega Color Workshop - Premium Quality

48 eyeshadows/4 pressed powders/2 lipsticks

1 mascara/1 eyeliner/2 eye pencils/1 lip pencils

2 lip gloss/6 lip colors/ 2 gitter gels

applicators/ brushes

folds in as a bubble and opens from all sides

i love the physician's formula healthy skin bronzer. it's not to intense and it's spf 50.

if you want shine, powder will give you a matte finish (not shiny) find something that illuminates your skin, to give you a nice shine, non oily look. mineral makeups are awsome. they give you a natural finish. for mineral makup, get a powder, not a liquid foundation. liquid doesn't stay on well

Well if you have brown hair color...use a brown eyeliner for your waterline...dont use any on the top of your eyelashes..and use brown/coffee mascara..its less dramatic and for eyeshadow use a light brownish color and maybe blend it out with a little white..thats all you should need for a beginer! Hope I helped! Need more help? www.youtube.com/officialbeautystar

Source(s): Me

Lipgloss

Little mascara

Eyeliner a little

Little eyeshadow

These are youtube video explaining makeup for beginners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPaHoY6CrB8

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4992310_put-eye-makeup...

If you type in makeup for beginners in google search,there will be lots of videos and sites to help you out!

answer my question?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201101...