Anonymous

Why is english food so bad?

no offense lol.

indian food is yummy.

'mikey' that's because they borrow foreign recipes.

Favorite Answer

OH TELL ME ABOUT IT. I know but everytime I tell someone they get their bloomers in a bunch. It's because they have absolutely no spices and bad cooks. When the Indians came , we blew their minds with our complex assortment of tasty foods with palate tickling spices that they never tasted. Even today the good ol queen insists that only salt and pepper be used on all Royal food. Which is oooh so bland and blah!

Source(s): I would know more than anyone

Well it's not bad. When people talk about "English food" they are often referring to the poor man food. In britain as a whole (nevermind England) you had the poor working class "cuisine" and the upper class. Things like full English/Scottish breakfasts, fish and chips, haggis, cornish pasties, bread and butter pudding, steak and kidney pie all come from the poor people, the working class who needed cheap food that was packed with calories. It's very plain (seeing as the British isles aren't really known for their spices and other things that make dishes more lively) but that doesn't mean the food is bad.

You can get English cuisine... and it's bloody expensive, and it's just as good as French cuisine (it bloody well should be for the price they charge).

Compare typical British food to our neighbouring countries... we actually have more variation especially now that we have many different people from the commonwealth contributing. My mum's from an Austrian and Hungarian background, I can't knock the food there... but you can't beat good old British food. German's have their sauerkraut, the French have their garlic frog legs, the Italians have their pasta (which actually was influenced by the Chinese)... we have anything we can stick in a fat fryer. Including Mars bars.

edit: Only people in rural areas drink warm beer (but they drink it in a certain way)... lol we have some of the best ale in Europe.

Source(s): Bread and butter pudding (posh or poor version) is fucking beautiful

But English food really is a combination of many cultures. Indian, Chinese, Italian etc.

Unless you mean English breakfast oe Fish and chips, Pies etc.

I guess for a US person, English food will always taste bland because it has less sugar and salt. We're not used to US portions. I don't think much of the rest of the world is.

• Libby

The best thing to do when visiting England is to eat at only ethnic restaurants. They have fantastic Indian and Asian food. THis way you can avoid the "bangers and mash," "beans on toast," and "spotted dick."

Isn't English food Indian food now?

Curry sucks.

Because in England, people have different culture. I am sure lots of people in England think hamburgers are discusting. Anyways, it is bad because you are not used to it. Don't get me wrong, I hate it! :)

ps. Did you know that in France/Canada they eat bunnies and in Asia they eat puppies?????

Which ones?

• ?

It has no flavor! But I like English breakfast.

It's been that way for all of history. They drink warm beer and eat cold fish. Gross.

• mikey

it isn't bad.... depends where you eat. Home cooking in the UK is pretty good these days.