Wesley asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Im 15 and Weigh 240 Pounds. How can i lose weight?

ive been big since i was in 5th grade and im sick of being made fun of. im in high school and i want to lose it bad. last year my highest was 250 in april and now i am about 238-245. at one time around october i was running miles every night with a good diet and gained more Weight. i barely eat anything. i quit drinking soda last year in july and only drink water and lemonade every now and then. My brother has no job, doesn't go to school. he is 22 and lives at home. Gets drunk EVERY weekend and is super skinny. He doesn't workout at all. He always says i wish the treadmill was working when it works fine and things like that. i work harder than anyone in my family except my dad. My mom even said that to me. i quit playing video games and all. its just becoming very stressful. How can i lose weight my goal is 200 right now.

i am 6'0 and i went to doctor the other day and he said i need to lose a few pounds and that went into a conversation with my mom and i ended up getting blood work done. it came back fine.

Another detail is im a male. Just wanted to let you guys know since my name is shelly

Best Answer

Few things

-You're brother may be super skinny, but there are a few factors: hes older (believe me I was round and stumpy in high school, and i weigh about 20 pounds more now at 23 but I look really skinny--your growth will even things out. Your brother is also probably ridiculously out of shape--he may be skinny, but be all body fat (my situation as well). Drinking will dehydrate you, add calories, induce rage and hangovers, and cause you to pee A LOT. So he may be living it up now, but in another few years (like one of my friends, his skinniness will turn into a beer gut (nasty!)). Also, everyone's just different.

-I say you may be gaining weight because you are building muscle, it doesnt look like muscle because its under the fat and just making you bulky.

-Quitting drinking soda is an awesome choice! It will help you lose faster I promise.

-Running is good, but any cardio will work--in the summer, try to swim--works the whole body and is easy on your joints. Just remember cardio, and wait until you lose some more before doing muscle/strength training. Youtube has some great cardio workouts that you can do at home too.

-Eating: Don't put yourself into starvation mode by not eating anything. Trick your body into feeling full but without the calories. I did and am currently on South Beach. The first time I did it, i lost about 12 pounds in 2 weeks, and i ddnt suffer to do it. I cut out carbs and sugar (yea even fruits), for two weeks, and then slowly introduced whole wheat and fruit back in, in moderation. The recipes will keep you full and theres really almost no restriction on how much you can eat since to eat 2,000 cals of vegetables would have you eating like...all day. Eat like 6 portions a day and you wont feel hungry. South beach has great recipe books, but you can modify almost anything to fit the rules when youre at restaurants

-Most importantly, sleep well, exercise, eating right, and doing things that make you happy. If you focus on losing pound for pound, its like watching a pot waiting for water to boil. If you give yourself a nice long timeline, and dont beat yourself up for slipping up, the weight will come off

AND, if it doesnt after all this, you may have water retention problems, or other medical needs as someone else says. Best thing is to see a doctor now and ask him/her what will help. they are professionals after all!

Source(s): Weight loss journey myself!

1

Source(s): I dropped 20 lbs using this... https://nimbleurl.com/?ukyt2

There are more tips and info.

Some say low carb. Some say high carb. Some say it's how much food. Some say it's how much exercise. But none of these covers the whole picture.

How to lose weight naturally is not rocket science. It just takes accepting the facts of these seven natural laws of weight loss, plus good old-fashioned stick-to-itiveness.

Seven Laws of How to Lose Weight Naturally

1. Make a commitment to whatever it takes.

2. Start from a foundation of happiness.

3. Design your own healthy diet plan.

4. Manage your emotions.

5. Find a way to exercise daily.

6. Keep a Journal.

7. Be persistent.

Good Luck and Take care :-)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

ive been big since i was in 5th grade and im sick of being made fun of. im in high school and i want to lose it bad. last year my highest was 250 in april and now i am about 238-245. at one time around october i was running miles every night with a good diet and gained more Weight. i barely eat...

Source(s): im 15 weigh 240 pounds lose weight: https://tr.im/sGv07

Hey there shelly you really are certainly not on your own. Getting rid of pounds or at least getting our weight down can be extremely difficult and frustrating. I have made it a passion to control my weight and remain in good shape. Sure in the beginning it was a tiny bit of a change but now I am really enjoying my new figure and vitality. Only just don't surrender!.

I was actually diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma ( kidney cancer ) three years ago and before I let the operating doctors have their way with me I started a radical diet to kill the cancer. I do not advise you go on the very same programe, but I lost 66lb in 42 days. You are probably wondering if I was successful in curing the cancer. Yes and no, the cancer shrunk to 1/3 of its over all size and a brilliant Radiologist called Prof Patrick Sewell did the rest.

Anyways I thought I would just share a number of the concepts of a amazing figure and a healthy body, and it is simple and easy. 1. Try to eat fresh foods. 2. Eat generally plants, steering clear of processed food which has been stripped of its vitamins and minerals. 3. Drink ample liquids. 4.Get plenty of sleep.

Sometimes we just need someone to grab us by the hand and offer us the reassurance to succeed.

A really good friend of mine has been having some over the moon results using a new programe, it could be of help for you to.

Don't ever quit you will succeed.

First and most important, don't give up on yourself. I was 212 when I was your age so I know how you feel. I played on every sports team in school, but my diet was miserable. You need to really look at what you are eating. Don't starve yourself. Read the package to really see what a serving size is and stick to it. You also need to either start walking or running and walking. Interval training is highly recommended to get your heart rate up. 5 years ago I lost 55 lbs. and have kept it off. I did it by using my dusty treadmill in the basement walking 1/2 every morning. I ate cereal with skim milk, and cut out juice ( a calorie hog). I had yogurt, fruit and a granola bar or weight watchers small cake and drank diet coke and lots of water. Snack is fruit or 100 calories of something. The most important thing you can do is eat small meals and keep moving. It took me 8 months to loose the weight, but I kept going even when the scale didn't budge. I don't eat much bread anymore, or potatoes, pasta, carb stuff. That helped me. It is now a lifestyle, not a diet. I did it on my own, with two teen boys around me who eat whatever, whenever. You have to do it for yourself and not let what others do around you affect you. Good Luck!! Tomorrow is day one of a new life!

• June

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

It seems like mate that you may have a medical problem. I'm the same age as you, and a guy told me before that there's a hormone called 'cortosine' which keeps the fat on the body, and is released due to high stress levels. Well it seems like you have lost weight which is good, but you need to keep that consistency. Regarding your brother, people are made up differently and have different METABOLISMS. People with high metabolic rates lose fat easily, but some others don't. I myself have a bit of belly fat and lovehandles, but i can see that you are overweight. Ignore the people in high school, everyone gets it, i even got it myself, i got on with life, and deleted them. You have to tell yourself 'am i going to lose this weight'? Well you definately can.

The fat burning (which you need to do) is done by doing an exercise called 'cardiovascular exercise' (Cardio = Heart. Vascular = Lungs). A few examples of CV exercises are:

Running/Jogging

Cycling

Physical sports like - Football (soccer if you're american), Boxing, Basketball etc

And what you're aiming to do is to 'burn more calories (output) than you take in (input). When you reduce more calories than you take in, the body starts to use the fat on your body (which is stored energy) to keep you going. During this programme, you must also be on a low fat diet, and have meals which fill you up. An example is a Jacket Potatoe with tuna and light mayonaise.

I am certain that you will do this. Believe in yourself and it will happen. Things will never happen unless you use your imagination.

If you want to chat more about this, and have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me. add me on msn - adamjones_53@msn.com

Good luck mate - Adam

Source(s): expierence

if your family has health care, have a doctor test your thyroid levels and test your blood sugar to rule out diabetes. if thats all clear. then the best workout i can suggest is p90x . just keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat and it is also more compact. p90x also has a rough draft of what foods to eat (doesnt give a full menu telling you exact meals each day to eat) it does tell you how many protein , carbs, veggie, fruit and dairy. these are really great workouts, can be hard but good, and it doesnt require tons of equipment. hand weights or bands, a chair sometimes and a yoga mat for cushioning.

Source(s): married mom, on 2nd week of p90x!

Hi, shelly!

There's a site where you can find a lot of useful tips and information on how to lose weight simply by eating better. Sure! You do not need to go on diet to lose weight! Just change the way you eat! Visit the link in the source, and you'll understand what I mean!